CHAPTER THREE

BROOKE SMITH

Weekend is over. I open my eyes wide and its morning. I woke up late. I get down from bed and dash to the bathroom, have a quick bath. I come out and start to get dress for school.

The dream I had made me woke up late and it was about this someone I love. I didn't see him throughout the day Sunday, not even at his balcony and I really miss him, maybe why I dreamt of him.

I apply the eyeliner on my eyes and tainted lip gloss on my lips. I love to look attractive. My hair is on curly lob so I dress it with my hands. I pick my bag up and before I go, I walk to the window and raise the curtain up. I look at his balcony, he isn't there. I sighs small and leave the room.

I climb down the stairs and my family already having breakfast.

"Good morning". I says heading to the dining.

"Morning Brooke". Dad says.

I draw a chair out and sit. Mary looks at me and I looks at her.

"Morning". She says and I give her a smile before I look at my food.

"How was your night?" Mum asks

"Slept really good". I says laughing small before I start to eat.

"Have you thought of the college you are getting into?" Dad asks

"Hmm...I'm thinking of California"

"California?" Mum asks

"I don't know yet. I'm still thinking".

"Okay". Dad says.

We finish eating quickly because of my dad going to work. My dad is civil servant and my mum, just stay  at home.

We come out of the house and I enter the car. Mum will drop Mary. Mary's school isn't on our way. Dad walks to mum and kiss her, that's usual. Mum laughs when they stop kissing.

"Bye". She says.

"Love you". Dad says and walks to the car. Mum and Mary looks at me in the car, waving to us.

"Bye".

"Bye". I say waving at mum and Mary. Dad get in and drives away.

"You didn't tell me about school again Brooke".

"Oh school. It's good. I'm in my final year, gonna miss everyone when we are gone".

"Yeah. Tell me about studies".

"Studies is good. I'm studying well dad".

"Okay, Let me know when you think of the college you want to get into".

"Sure dad".

I looks out. My dad loves books and want to see his children loves that too. Well, I love books too.

"Thanks dad". I says to him when he drives me to the school.

"Be good Brooke".

"Yeah". I give him a quick hug. "Love you".

"Love you too. Bye".

"Bye Brooke".

I get down from the car and wave at him before he drives away. I turn to the school and then I remember Lydia told me she is going to have sex with Jude yesterday. I didn't even call to ask about it. Someone I love got me yesterday.

I run small to the school. I comes to hallway and walks fast to the lockers. I see her at her locker.

"Lydia, Lydia". I calls and gets to her. She looks at me and I pants small.