𝓲𝓯 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓵𝓲𝓮 𝓭𝓸𝔀𝓷 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓶𝓮

"Don't say you're over me
When we both know that you lie"

Me and Emily had been dating secretly. We had to. It was frowned upon at the BAU to be involved with other agents.

But everybody on the BAU team always thought there was something between me and them. Nobody suspected the actual relationship, but they could tell that we were head over heels for each other. 

I sit next to her and gently stroke her hand. "Heyy"

She flinches slightly at my touch. She smiles at me and scoots closer, leaning her shoulder against mine. I can't help but notice how red her cheeks are getting by the minute. She sighs contentedly and squeezes my hand.  "Hey."

"Do you think anyone from the team knows already?"

She laughs softly and shakes her head.
"Oh, please, people can see it when we look at each other. They're definitely messing with us on purpose, just to annoy us.” 

She leans her head on her shoulder and yawns.
"Yeah, but if Hotch knows its ends for us, you know that agents cannot date each other." We knew the risk in here."

Her body tenses up, and she leans away from me on purpose. She doesn't want to get caught because she doesn't want to be separated from me. She pulls at her earrings nervously. "Hotch doesn't know. We're smart. We're careful," she says, her voice shaky a little. 

"Yes, yes, I know," I nod.
I lean to kiss her cheek, and right in that moment, the rest of the team starts communicating on the plane, and I quickly pull away from here, acting like nothing happened.

She can't help but exhale softly with relief. Her heart still races, and it takes her a moment to recover. She turns to you and whispers, "You know you can't be doing that kind of stuff." She leans her head against the window and closes her eyes. 

I swallowed, and my heart was still beating from almost coughing.

When we arrive, Hotch pairs us into the pair. I'm currently with Reid. 
Me and Reid are now in the car, driving to the crime scene. 

"Is there something happening between you and Emily?" he asks me

I freeze, completely caught off guard by his question. My heart races, and her head spins from the unexpected conversation. I bite her lip and stare at him, uncertain if I should deny or admit the truth. I decide to try and deny anything is going on.

"What? What do you mean? We're just partners." I stammer out, feeling herself getting more and more nervous as I speak.
"Why would you—I mean, why do you—why are you asking that?"

"I just noticed the change in your and her behavior," he says. 

I can't believe he would notice, but I'm not surprised. Everyone has noticed the tension between the two of them. There's no way it's not obvious to everybody. "It's... nothing, really." I shake my head, refusing to make eye contact with him.

He nods. 
"Okay, if it would, though you know, you can say it to me. I think you two really suit each other anyway."

I look at him, startled by his comment. he knew? How did he know? I can't help but blush. There's no way he could suspect the truth. I want to deny it again and try to brush it off, but something makes me hesitate. I closed my eyes for several seconds before deciding to take a risk.

"I mean, I guess there might be something between us, but... We can't tell anyone else about this. You understand why we're keeping it private."

"Absolutely, but like I said, I'm happy for both of you. You seem to be happier." 

I let out a sigh of relief and smiled at him, grateful that his response wasn't negative or judgmental. I couldn't help but notice how supportive he is.
"T-thanks… I appreciate it. You're really understanding of this. We can trust you, right?" I ask, my voice shaky. I need to know that he won't say anything to anyone about it.

"Of course, do you even doubt that?"
I shake her head.

"No, I know I can trust you. You're different from the other team members. That's why I trust you with this." i smile. 

He gives me a slight smile. 

Saying that how i feel loudly felt amazing.