Derek Morgan x teenage!male (pt1)

Summary: The BAU is called on a case in New York city, regarding a spree of homeless people being murdered. And they have one witness and Derek manages to connect with him.

•  •  •

The BAU walks into the local police station where they are greeted by the chief. They do the normal greetings, saying their names as the chief tells them what they know so far.

"We do have one witness. A kid who said his name is f/n (fake name). But we can't seem to find him in any database. And I suspect it's not his real name."

"Has he said anything?" Hotchner questions. The chief nods.

"When he first came in. Said he saw a man in all black with a knife. White and tall. We took him in because he has the victims blood on his shirt. Besides that he's refused to say anything more."

The team goes into the room, looking at the boy. He's in a blue jean jacket, dirty white undershirt and looks  like he needs a shower, dirt on his hands and face. JJ is shocked for a second, her eyes landing on the Chiefs.

"He's homeless?" She questions. They all look at the boy.

"Morgan, talk to the kid. See if you can get him to open up." Hotchner says to Morgan. He nods and opens the door, watching the kid flinch slightly at the noise. Derek takes as seat across from f/n.

"I'm Derek Morgan with the BAU. Mind if I ask you a few questions?"

"No." F/n says. Derek leans closer, lacing his hands together.

"Is your name really f/n? We can't find a birth certificate."

"Um," f/n rubs his hands on his jeans, suddenly nervous. "I'm not going to be in trouble right?"

"No," Derek tells him.

"It's Y/n L/n." Y/n admits. Derek nods his head, knowing that Hotch is probably contacting Garcia to run a background check. Derek questions Y/n about small, unimportant things. His favorite food, favorite music. Just to get Y/n out if his shell. And Y/n slowly became more open.

- - -

"You guys better make sure your seatbelts are on because this is one bumpy ride." Garcia says through the phone. Everyone was around the long table, boards with maps and dead victims photos are behind them.

"Y/n L/n, son of M/n(mothers name) and F/n(fathers name) . Sadly, when he was ten years old they tragically died in a car accident and then he lived with his grandparents. Spoiler alert, he didn't stay there very long. He was reported as a run away multiple times but was finally reported missing three years ago when he didn't return home. And, to add the sad cherry on top, his only relatives, his grandparents died last year."

"So, he's been on his own for this long?" Hotch questions.

"Yes, sir. With nothing to his name it impossible to trace him any further." Garcia informs them.

"Thanks babygirl." Morgan says as he hangs up. He looks at Hotch.

"I'll go ask him about the unsub. Maybe a cognitive interview."

"Alright." Hotch says just as everyone was in formed that another body has been found. Morgan walks inside the holding room for Y/n. The teen immediently straightens his back but kept his eyes low.

"Kid, I need to know about the man who hurt your friend."

"I told you guys everything." Y/n says as he finally looks back up to Morgan.

"I can do something to help you. It's called a cognitive interview. You'll walk me through the night when you saw him." Morgan explains. Y/n plays with his hands.

"Are you sure it will work?" Y/n questions.

"Absolutly."