Chapter 1~ Home

˗ˏˋ ♡ ˎˊ˗

Heer's pov

It seemed like the blazing sun had ought to burn us all. Smearing the sunscreen over my body, I layed back on the blanket before placing the beach hat over my face.

I sighed as the words "my last day in Mauritius." echoed in my mind.

Yes, It was my last day in Mauritius but I didn't know whether to be happy or not.

Thanks to my father who decided to become a politician, my homeland had turned into a prison for me.

At Least the actual prisons had security. But in the one I was born in, there was nothing but brutality, violence, wrath and corruption.

There's two things I hate the most, Violence and lies. And again the credit goes to my dad!

A part of me was Happy because I'd be going to my home, sorry house after two decades. Which also meant seeing my parents in person After twenty years.

And a part of me was sad because the very twenty years had given me so much freedom. Going back to India was no less than a bird flying into a cage itself.

My deep thoughts were disturbed by a sweet voice.

" Dalind, see wha I got!!" Saanu nudged me, settling on the blanket.

(Darling, see what I got!!)

I quickly straightened myself, mouthing a 'woa' as my gaze fell on the sea shell she had her mother had collected.

"Aww they're so pretty!" I said in awe while she nodded her tiny head.

She was so cute.

"Hm Darling, I have an idea, how about we build a sand castle and decorate it with sea shells." I raised my brows in excitement, hoping she would say yes, which she did.

"Mumma whez my toy?" I turned to her mother who too joined us with more sea shells in her hands.

"In the basket." Sia replies. "I'll take it out for you."

Me and Sanvi started making a castle while Sia engaged herself in painting the picturesque.

"Darling?"

"Yes dalind?"

"Fetch some water in the bucket, let's make a lake around this castle." I tell Aarvi to which she agrees.

Oh god how am I supposed to live without the mother and daughter duo now?

I turn to Sia and throw my arms around her, engulfing her in a warm embrace.

"Careful or you'll ruin my art." She warned, not sparing a glance at me.

"Sia"

"Hmm?"

"Will you be okay?" I ask her genuinely concerned.

"It will take some time to adjust but I'll be fine as long as you're happy." She smiles before lifting her gaze to see Aarvi waddling back with a small bucket of water.

"I'm worried about Aarvi though, she has become too attached to you." Sadness took a toll over me.

It was true that both Sia and Aarvi had become unbelievably close to me. Almost two and a half years ago if someone ever told me that a runaway wife and her three month old I met at a airport would turn into someone I'd die for,

I would probably stare at them for a few seconds and laugh at their faces anyways here I am.

"I can't live without you girls." I frowned. " But... How long will you be afraid of him and hide? You can't live like this forever." I place my palm on her hands and caress it.