Hello , it's me ..

Belly POV

Belly didn't know how to react, Conrad was the last person she expected to see on her phone.

Back then, she and Jeremiah knew that if they got together, Conrad would be devastated.

But their reunion the summer Conrad disappeared to save the cousins' house had given them a new taste of life after Susannah's death. 
Those kinds of feelings couldn't be ignored.

Belly had promised herself that if Jeremiah ever gave her a second chance, she would do everything in her power to make him happy and trust her again.

She won't screw up this time.

Her relationship with Conrad left her completely devastated and Jeremiah didn't speak to her for a year.
She never wants to be in that situation again.

Despite everything, she didn't blame Conrad, she knew that her mother's death had influenced his behavior with her, but also that it was his personality.

He had this fear of opening up to her, and with each stage of Susannah's illness, he closed himself off more and more.

His brother was the opposite.

Back then, Belly had underestimated Jeremiah's intentions for her when he admitted to seeing her as more than a friend and that they had kissed a few times.

She admits that at the time she was looking for comfort after Conrad's rejection, and Jere had always been there for her.

She was not ready to see that Jere was also emotionally involved, he had always been a seducer, so she also thought it was just a flirt for him. She was afraid.

But when Conrad, the boy she had so often dreamed of, kissed her, her emotional immaturity made her choose the latter and she unknowingly trampled on Jeremiah's heart.

So she took the time to reply to Conrad's text and wrote: "Hey Conrad, I hope you are well. Yes of course we can talk but not today or tomorrow as I will be arriving in Finch today. maybe over the weekend? "

His response was immediate, "Yes, yes, of course, contact me again when you are free, do you think we could meet? I was planning to visit some  friends at Brown , I wouldn't ask you if it wasn't important".

See him in real life? I thought he just wanted to call each other.
What could be so important?
I replied "ok, ok... is everything ok? I'll keep you posted"

He replied "Yes, yes, don't worry, I have one last favor to ask of you... can you not say anything in Jere for the moment? "

When I read his answer, I felt a knot in my stomach.

I didn't want to lie to Jere, but I had no idea what Conrad was trying to tell me.

Maybe it was something that had nothing to do with our story and he needed a friend .
I don't want to hurt Jeremiah, but if I don't tell him that Conrad contacted me, won't I hurt him even more?

This part of our past was still very sensitive to Jere, who from time to time felt very insecure about the fact that he thought I will always keep a part of myself for Conrad.

I replied to Conrad for the last time that day, "I don't know if I can do that Conrad, I'll let you know,"
I was pulled out of my thoughts by the voice of my brother Steven, "Hey Belly, back to Earth, we've arrived at Finch little sis.