49': Substitute for Arsenal: Y/n Beckham replaces Caitlin Foord

67': Goal for Arsenal from Vivianne Miedema; decisive pass from Y/n Beckham

69': Goal for Arsenal from Y/n Beckham; decisive pass from Beth Mead

You take off your jersey, letting appear a t-shirt with written on it: "I love you mom". You can't help but start to cry. All the girls come to surround you, you keep crying in Katie's arms. Leah comes towards you and wipes your tears away, before kissing your forehead.

77': Substitute for Arsenal: Victoria Pelova replaces Frida Maanum

80': Substitute for Olympic Lyonnais: Signe Brunn replaces Danielle Van de Donk

80': Substitute for Olympic Lyonnais: Perle Morroni replaces Selma Bacha

80': Substitute for Arsenal: Steph Catley replaces Katie McCabe

87': Substitute for Olympic Lyonnais: Vicki Becho replaces Melvine Malard

90+3': Yellow for Arsenal: Beth Mead

End of the match: 5-1 for Arsenal

You avoid on purpose the after-match interview, cause you know they will ask about your mom and you won't be able to hold your emotion if they do. You go straight to the tunnel, sitting on your own for a bit, then Leah comes sitting with you. You wait for everyone to come back in the changing room. Once everyone is there, you get in, holding Leah's hand. They can clearly see that you've been crying.

Beth: Y/n, you okay?

Y/n: Not really... There's something you don't know.

Steph: What's going on?

Leah: What she has to say, it's pretty hard.

Y/n: Last night, my mom has fought her last battle against cancer, and... she lost. She died in the middle of the night.... So what you did, you all did for her today, meant the world to me... She wanted me so bad to play this Champion's League match, tonight, and thanks to all of you I feel like I made her proud... Thank you, thank you so much...

Everyone is a bit in shock, you can't hold your tears anymore. Katie rushes over you to hug you. All the girls join in, giving you an unconditional support. Leah can help but smile to see this beautiful and united moment between everyone. Beth is breaking from the group hug to come checking on Leah.

Beth: Hey, how are you feeling?

Leah: Honestly? I was dreading this moment, so badly. Her mom... was everything to her. I'm scared of what... of what is gonna happen now.

Beth: She already went through a lot, she'll get through that too.

Leah: I hope so, I won't be able to see her breaking apart.

Beth: She won't be alone... She'll never be alone... We'll be there for her.

Beth hugs Leah. Hours go by, you're back at home. You haven't slept in 24 hours, you haven't spoken a word to anyone, not Jana, not Leah, none of the Arsenal girls, no one. You don't know what to so, or do. You're lying on the couch, your head full of emotions but your body can't cry anymore. You turn your phone back on. Tones of messages come through from everyone you know.

Steph: Call me if you need to, I'm here for you!

Beth: Everything will be fine, I swear. Whenever you want to talk, I'll be there!

Caitlin: We've got you, whatever you need, no matter the time...

Viv: We've got your back, you aren't alone through this...