Chapter 4- Something Happened

(A/N: So I may or may not have made some changes to the first few chapters. Nothing too major at the moment, but you need to know these three things.

- Oaknose is Owlnose because it's better.
- Darkpelt is not deputy. The deputy is a Tom named Galestep. This was a mistake on my part.
- Darkpelt was on the patrol from chapter one. He was the one who asked Bristleclaw and Saltpaw if they were okay.)

AND THE MYSTERY POV IS...

(Drumroll Please)

...

Thank you.

...

(Keep Drumrolling)

...

Darkpelt!

(Who is also the pic for the chapter. IDK what happened to the nose lol. Some glitch, I guess.)

^-_-^

Darkpelt's POV: (What do you think? It's honestly pretty terrible. Too Bristleclaw focused.)

Darkpelt worriedly eyed the lightening sky. He had been waiting since moonhigh, but there was no sign of Bristleclaw. She promised to meet since we haven't talked since Saltpaw became her apprentice. It's not like her to bail without saying anything. It's not like her to stay out this late, either. Actually, it's not like her to stay out at all. What if somethings's wrong?  Darkpelt shook away the thought. Bristleclaw's not a squirrel-brain. She avoids trouble. Nothing could have happened.

But Darkpelt couldn't shake the feeling of unease.

...

The dawn patrols had left. So had a hunting patrol. Almost everyone was awake and doing something, whether it was training, hunting, normal camp tasks, or simply sharing tongues. Still, there was no sign of Bristleclaw. Darkpelt looked around the camp, but could only see Saltpaw, who was going up to Galestep.

"Uh, have you seen Bristleclaw?" the snowy apprentice asked.

Galestep shook his head, so Saltpaw asked, "If you see her, can you tell her that I'll be with Skypaw, Cloverheart, Hollytail, and Mountainpaw in the Training-clearing?" 

Darkpelt didn't hear the deputy's answer. Bristleclaw should have been back by now. Something had to be wrong. He would go look for her.

...

Darkpelt parted his jaws to smell the air. Hmm. Weird. Bristleclaw had come by this way somewhat recently, but from across the Neutral Territory Border. An unfamiliar cat-scent was mixed with it, but then cut off after pooling in a spot. Who's she meeting in the Neutral Territories?

Darkpelt followed Bristleclaw's scent deeper into FireClan territory. It clung to trees and branches somethings, along with small claw marks, as if she had been trying to climb.

What could be stopping her from climbing? She loves it.

He followed Bristleclaw's scent over logs and weaving through clearings. It slowly got stronger. 

That's when he heard shaky paw steps not far away.

"Bristleclaw!" He called out, racing forward, "Bri!" There she was, standing unsteadily at the edge of a clearing.

"Darkpelt..." Bristleclaw murmured.

Darkpelt stopped next to her. He was relieved, but something was wrong.

Bristleclaw's gaze was unfocused and clouded, as if she couldn't remember something. She wasn't putting much weight on her left front paw, and she was moving stiffly.