kiss the squirrel

Start from the beginning

He quietly flipped on the lights and slipped off his shoes, before sprinting to him bedroom and locking the door. Jisung let out a shaky sigh, splattering himself all over his bed. 

Suddenly, his phone vibrated in his pocket. A text. From Lee Know. 

Shit. 

Jisung's felt excitement bolt through his body, and his hands felt all weird and tingly as he picked up his phone and checked the message. As soon as he did, he began kicking his feet and twirling his hair like a teenager in a fanfiction. 

minho is daddy

catgod: did you make it home safe? 

squirrel: ofc i did bbg 

catgod: thank goodness

squirrel: :D

squirrel: sooo 

squirrel: uh...

squirrel: YOU WANNA GO OUT SOMEWHERE? 

leeknow: LIKE JUST YOU AND ME?

squirrel: YEAH

catgod: YES YES YES WHEN

catgod: WANT TO GO TO THE PIER? THAT COOL NEW ONE 

squirrel: WITH THE ROLLER COASTER? :0

catgod: NAH THE OTHER ONE

squirrel: BET

catgod: ILL PICK YOU UP AT 6 

squirrel: YAYAYA OKI

catgod: ;)

--------------

Lee Know was going to go ahead and admit he had no idea how he ended up in this situation. 

When Lee Know imagined love, he thought of cute slow romantic dates in some overpriced restaurant, with the sun setting like a extinguished flame beneath the orange horizon. Maybe some white doves farting glitter, showering them like rain. 

That would be a nice end to his Tuesday, am I right?

Well, that's kind of what happened. 

<<<<<<reeewiiiindddd>>>>>>

The sun was setting, and Lee Know was leaning against the railing on the edge of the pier, admiring the ocean. The pier was surprisingly empty, only with some random hot dog man preparing to close his stand. 

"Lee Knoww. I'm colddd." a voice to his right said, breaking the glorious peace. Well, when it was Jisung speaking, he really didn't mind.  

Lee Know sighed with a slight smile, taking off his coat and placing it over Jisung's shoulders. Jisung had decided to go out in a white long sleeve crop top with adidas trackpants, with no regard to the weather. Jisung definitely didn't do that on purpose (right?). 

"I'm still coldd." Jisung whined again. 

Lee Know smirked, before slipping an arm around Jisung's waist and pulling him close. "Warm now?" Lee Know asked Jisung, who looked absolutely flustered. "Y-yeah." Jisung said.

Jisung noticeably relaxed after a few moments, and the two boys silently enjoyed the view and each other's company. After a few moments Jisung finally began talking. "Hey uh, Lee Know?" Jisung began, looking nervous. 

"Hmm? Yes?" 

"About this morning...when you kissed me." Jisung started. Lee Know turned his head, looking slightly panicked. "What? Did you not like it?" Lee Know asked, praying to dear lord he didn't screw up or make Jisung uncomfortable in any way. 

I knew I should have asked him first before kissing him!  Lee Know scolded himself. 

 "No! I loved it. I did. It just made me feel...loved. You know?" Jisung said, turning a bit red. "What do you mean?" Lee Know asked, his tone softened. 

"It was...my first kiss actually." Jisung said, slightly embarrassed. Lee Know looked alarmed. "Really? Me?" Lee Know said. Jisung deserved a better first kiss, not from his socially awkward ass in front of an uber.

"Don't worry, it was the best first kiss ever." Jisung said, a big smile on his face. "I'm glad." Lee Know said, grinning and ruffling his hair. The two dissolved into comofortable silence once again. Then Jisung decided to break the silence by interrogation. 

"So, tell me more about yourself. Do you enjoy your job as a cafe guy?" Jisung asked, his eyes curious. Lee Know snorted back laughter. "Hell no. I'd rather start my own cafe. With cats, obviously." Lee Know said, thinking back to the coffee incident yesterday. 

"Aww, but you look hot in that apron. You look snatched." Jisung whined. "Who says I can't wear an apron if I started my own cafe?" Lee Know joked. Jisung's eyes widened, before grinning. "True." he said mischievously. 

"Stop making that face," Lee Know laughed, swatting him, "What about you? Have any life passions?" 

"I've actually been kind of interested in music. Not as a teacher, those creatures are crazy, but maybe like a songwriter or something." Jisung said thoughtfully. 

"That's actually so cool. I've been trying to draw a little bit. I like feeling artistic." Lee Know said. "Ooo, so you're good?" Jisung asked, curious.

"Nah, I can't draw for shit. I tried drawing everyone once, and Hyunjin looked like a llama with lipstick and Chan transformed into a jacked up kangaroo." Lee Know laughed. Jisung giggled, before leaning into Lee Know. Lee Know hugged him a little tighter. 

Holy shit, that was cute. I love this man.

Lee Know felt his heart beat a little faster. He looked down at Jisung, who was watching the water with a happy expression. Watching the sun set with Jisung in his arms felt so...right. He wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

Jisung glanced up at him, his eyes full of warmth. Lee Know thought he was going to melt with the look Jisung was giving him. 

"Jisung?" Lee Know asked quietly. Jisung brightened. "Yeah?" 

Lee Know swallowed, trying to find the words. But when he was looking Jisung, he could only just stare. He was beautiful, his gold brown eyes were like a magnet, drawing him in.

Lee Know knew he wanted to do. 

"Can I kiss you?" Lee Know asked softly, almost in a whisper, leaning forward. Lee Know wasn't even sure if he heard him, but Jisung wasn't pulling away. 

The sounds and lights around them became muffled and faded away as Lee Know pulled Jisung into a tighter hug, and Jisung subconsciously wrapped his arms around Lee Know's neck. The only thing that matter to Lee Know right now was the man in front of him. 

The two inched closer and closer until finally...

Their lips met. 

And it was the best kiss Lee Know has ever had.