.7

BK
Friday - 10:21 pm

I isolated my hips to the beat of 'in da' club'

I isolated my hips to the beat of 'in da' club'. As soon as I heard this song drop I wanted to do a remix just for the fun of it. At the time I knew I had this show in LA coming up and it would be perfect to add it to my set list.

As I stood on stage dancing waiting for the beat to drop I knew I made the right decision.

"Where my lil' thugs at?" I asked into the microphone before pointing it towards the audience and listening to the crowd go crazy.

"My nails, my hair, my diamond rings. Shining with all my fancy things. My crib, my car, my clothes, my jewels. Why you mad? 'Cause I came up and I ain't change," I sang.

Sweat was pouring down my entire body but the fans were helping me keep cool as it blew my hair off my shoulders.

I hadn't performed in a while and I admit forgot how treating performances could be. This was a great distraction from what's been going on in my life lately.

The energy from the crowd left me on a high long after I exited the stage. For the first time in a week, I wasn't thinking about Michelle.

Well, now I was but that wasn't the point.

"Here Bey!" Angie said as she handed me a towel and a bottle of water. "Thanks, Angie!"

She nodded before replying, "You're welcome! You killed it as always.." She smiled and pinched my cheek. I swatted at her hand before chuckling softly.

"Thanks! It felt a little weird at first but I bounced back."

"Well, no one could tell. The crowd was going crazy for you." She reassured me and I smiled before taking a sip of my water.

"Yo' B!" I heard Jay Z yell outside my dressing room followed by a loud knock. I rolled my eyes before yelling for him to come in.

"You killed it!" He smiled widely, kinda goofy-like. I mumbled a 'thanks' as he took a seat and we started talking.

It was a normal conversation. Pretty boring actually. He asked when I was returning to LA and I told him it was none of his business. He persisted and told me I needed to jump on my career while it was hot and 'blah, blah, blah.

His peanut head ass isn't telling me shit I don't know. I'm not sure why everyone consistently tells me how talented and smart I am only for them to question my career choices.

Beyoncé always has a plan and always knows what she's doing so from now on unsolicited advice was going in one ear and out the other.

I left the venue with Julius not far behind and made my way towards Ashanti's house. It was late and I knew very well she and my son were probably sleeping. However, I knew the conversation we needed to have couldn't wait.