The Wedding

Tuscany, Italy

"Harry Potter, do you take this woman to be your wife, to live together in holy matrimony, to love her, to honor her, to comfort her, and to keep her in sickness and in health, forsaking all others, for as long as you both shall live?"

"I do." Harry answered, staring into her deep chocolate brown eyes.

"Hermione Granger, do you take this man to be your husband, to live together in holy matrimony, to love him, to honor him, to comfort him, and to keep him in sickness and in health, forsaking all others, for as long as you both shall live?"

"I do." Hermione answered, staring into his bright emerald eyes.

Harry couldn't help his eyes tearing up at her words. The moment he had dreamt about countless times over the last couple months had finally come true. Never in his wildest dreams did he think he'd be this lucky. He thanked all the heavens that he was the one standing here. In front of her.

Hermione couldn't believe it. It was done. She was with the man she loved. She didn't expect any of this to happen to her. Maybe in a few years when her career had taken off, but it had happened perfectly in her eyes. Harry was the best person she knew, and she wanted to jump for joy at the thought of him. Her best friend and now husband.

After exchanging and placing their wedding bands on each other, they waited for the priest to finish the ceremony.

"I now pronounce you husband and wife! May I present Mr. Harry James Potter-Granger and Mrs. Hermione Jane Granger-Potter!"

Turning to Harry, the priest said with finality in his voice, "You may kiss the bride."

Harry's face split open into a giant grin as he pulled his wife into his arms and tilted his head as she did the same, their lips meeting in the middle.

The loud applause and cheering from the crowd went deaf onto the couple's ears as the world melted away, leaving just the two.

Together.

Two Years Later

As they walked alongside each other in the heart of London, Harry looked expectantly up the road, trying to find something. Once seeing what he was looking for, he squeezed his wife's hand tight for a second.

Hermione, feeling her hand be squeezed, turned to look at her husband, wondering what he needed.

"Up here, look." Harry said, bringing her around and facing her forwards.

Ahead of them stood a old abandoned building.It was a two story small building situated between a flower shop, and a pub. The windows were mostly shattered, the doors looked shaky, and the bricks for the walls looked terrible.

"Ta Da!" Harry exclaimed, sticking his arms out in triumph. "What do you think?"

"I... I don't know? What should I think? It's an old building. Nice flower shop though." Hermione answered, looking at Harry questionably.

"Well Hermione, my love. As it is our two year anniversary, I wanted to give you a present that will last both of our lifetimes." Harry said, fishing into his pockets.

Finally finding it, he pulled it out excitedly. Grabbing her open hand, he placed a folded paper onto her palm.

Hermione unfolded the paper in a rush and started to read the page. Before rereading it. Then one last time.

"You bought this building?!"

Harry burst out into laughter, grabbing her hands and looking deep into her eyes.