The Trip

Paris, France

Finally finding a spot, Harry showed off his skills by 'expertly' parallel parking in-between two cars alongside a cobblestone path.

"Bet you didn't expect that huh?" Harry said, puffing his chest out in pride.

Hermione laughed at her boyfriend, slapping his chest playfully.

"Well I certainly didn't expect it to take you four tries to get into a easy spot, I'm just happy to get out of the car." She said, exiting the passenger side door. Once out she bent down and rubbed her sore thighs and cracked her back with a loud sigh.

"You old woman, next time we'll fly." Harry told her, exiting the car as well.

Laughing at her glare, he quickly moved over to her and swooped her up into his arms. With a yelp, she was suddenly in the air. She looked down and laughed at Harry, who smiled lovingly up at her. Dropping her back down, Harry looked up the street they had drove down.

"Come on, I saw a small cafe a little ways up. The walk will give us a bit of time to warm our legs up." Harry said.

"That sounds amazing." Hermione agreed with a nod.

Taking his hand, they made their way up the slight hill. As they walked past a number of small shops, they would occasionally enter one and browse for a moment, giggling as they did so.

Eventually they found the cafe that Harry had spotted. Seeing the outdoor seating, they made their way over to a small table right beside one of the windows looking into the small shop.

Harry, ever the gentleman, pulled a chair out for her to sit, gently pushing her chair forward when she sat. Sitting opposite her, he reached across the table for her hands.

A waitress walked over and dropped a menu for the pair, and asked them what they would like to drink in French.

As she was the one who understood, Hermione ordered for them both. Ordering a small latte for her and a small dark coffee for him.

She also ordered a chocolate eclair for herself, and a ham and cheese croissant for him.

Returning the menu's back to the waitress, they sat while waiting for their food.

"I should really learn French huh?" Harry said, looking at his girlfriend amazed. He had known she could speak it, but hearing it so fluently in person made him look at her with another layer of respect and adoration.

"Honestly Harry, it's only logical to know your neighboring countries languages. Or at least a bit. It will help more than you know." Hermione replied.

"Point taken." Harry agreed. "Quick, what is thank you in French?"

"Merci." She replied with a laugh.

"Alright, ok." He replied.

After a moment the waitress came back with their drinks and food. Setting it down onto the table, she gave them their order.

"Uhm, mercy." Harry said nervously with a terrible accent, making Hermione burst into laughter. The waitress looked at him confused for a second.

"Merci?" She asked Harry, who's face was blood red.

"Uhh yea. Sorry." He said quickly, grabbing his coffee and taking a long drink.

"It was not bad." The waitress replied, her English heavy with a French accent.

"Thank you." Harry said, staring into the table.

"Your English is very good." Hermione said. "Any pointers on my French?"