She walks to the door, and as soon as her hand hits the doorknob she makes an odd gasping sound before she falls back. I manage to catch her as her entire body starts to seize, shaking violently. My eyes widen as I call Valencia's name, panic swirling inside of me. When she doesn't come, I grab my phone out and call an ambulance.

I hear loud footsteps, and I look up as Mateo rushes inside. "What happened?" He asks, his eyes wide.

I'm unable to answer him. Celine looks up at me, her eyes wide as she's unable to control her body. Blood has begun to pour out of her ears and out of her nose.

"It's okay, sweetheart, it's okay." I assure her. Her head is on my lap. I run my hands through her hair, my eyes watering a little as I add, "just look at me, alright? It's okay."

Silent tears run down her pale cheeks. Her whole face has gone white, as have her lips. She looks like a ghost. But she keeps her eyes on me, even as they begin to shake.

"Nous effectuons encore quelques tests." The doctor tells me. She's a short, black haired woman with a pointy nose.
(T—We're still running some tests.)

     "Avez-vous une idée de ce qui ne va pas chez elle?" I ask.
(T—Do you know what's wrong with her?)

     "Pas encore." She responds.
(T—Not yet.)

     She walks back into the hospital room, and I linger by the window that allows me to see inside of it. Celine is hooked up to all kinds of machines, her face still pale. Her eyes are closed now. My mind darts back to how she was like before, afraid and surprised and horrified. Even though I want her to wake up quickly to talk to her, part of me is glad she's asleep because it means she can be in a safe, dream world that is hopefully much kinder than this one.

     A few hours pass before Valencia and Julien arrive. I stand, my jaw hardening. "Where were you?" I ask the former.

     "I'm so sorry. We went—"

     "I don't pay you to mess about with Julien, I pay you to make sure my daughter is okay and help her, especially when she's having a goddam seizure!"

     "I'm so sorry, Mr. Monet." She says sincerely. "I—we lost track of time."

     "Doing what?" I snap. "What was more important than doing your job?"

     She glances at Julien. Realisation smacks me across the face, and I put my head in my hands. "Jesus fucking Christ."

"Dad—" Julien begins.

"Adrien!"

I turn around at the sound of a familiar voice. My older brother, Charles, grins as he walks toward me. I send both Valencia and Julien a look that promises them that we'll be talking later.

"Hey." I mumble.

"Tu n'es pas excité de me voir?" He asks.
(T—You're not excited to see me?)

"Eh bien, ma petite fille est à l'hôpital." I respond.
(T—Well, my little girl is in hospital.)