our secret (part three)

A/n: Please note, here Ishan's in MI and Shubman's in GT.

"I hated his guts. His smirk and the cocky remarks used to make my blood boil."

"Hey, don't you dare act all innocent. You were insufferable and made sure to let me know how much you hate my presence."

Shubman and Ishan retained their earlier positions while the rest hurdled inside, sitting on any surface they could.

"But how did you go from that to THIS?" Virat was getting impatient from all their rivalry stories.

"Bhaiyya, you remember the game Ishan got injured? Woh eye vala injury?"

"Yes."

"Yeh pagal uss din MI ke dressing room aayi thi"

"Abey oi dushman ki guffa kyu guss gayi?"

"Pyar mein bawla ho gaya tha." Siraj declared.

"Ek word nahi, chupp", Hardik still not happy with Siraj, threatened.

"Woh bhaiya mujhe bhi nahi patha kya soch ke mein chala gaya. But I had to see him. Just make sure he's alright, and then leave." Shubman looked at Ishan sheepishly. "Anyway, that was the plan, but it didn't quite go as planned."

"You are such an idiot ", Ishan pulled his cheeks before kissing it better.

"PDA baad me kar lena abhi back to the story"

Saying the audience was growing impatience would be an understatement. They were ready to torture the story out of them.

"Okay, Virat bhai. So I followed my impulse and went towards their dressing room. I was expecting to see a smiling and chattering Ishan there, but he was sitting alone, cradling his left eye and sobbing. I have to this day no idea what came over me, I went in and pulled him into a hug."

"I was crying and kind of in my own world, but that sudden presence and embrace shook me. I tried detaching and looking at the person, but he wouldn't let go." Ishan's fond looks were borderline gag worthy. It was written all over them. How gone was they for each other, and it was astonishing how none of their teammates ever noticed.

"I'll be honest. I couldn't see him in pain. Letting go meant I had to see his bruised eye and tear stained cheeks. But I'll not deny the fact that I was terrified. I was expecting a punch to the gut."

"Hey, I did not even think of hitting you." Ishan said in mock defence.

"I know it now, baby." Shubman was leaning in to do God knows what when, Siraj had enough of it and relocated himself on the bed along with them.

"I'm going to kiss your boyfriend every time you even as look at each other. So stop with all the drooling." Siraj declared a little disgusted.

Ishan laughed at it while Shubman pulled him closer by his waist. Ishan whispered something along the lines of 'nah I can handle him. You don't have to pull out your guns' for Shubman to loosen his hold.

"So, back to the point. I didn't let him go for as long as I can manage. Then I heard him sniffle and couldn't just stand there doing nothing. So I said the first thing that came to my mind." Shubman paused looking at Ishan again who was blushing a little.

Siraj gave them a pointed look and gestured Shubman to continue.

"He said, 'I love you'."

A chorus of 'what' was heard. Followed by Hardik's incredulous scream of, "that's the first thing that came to your mind while cuddling with the dread of being punched by your nemesis?"

"Bhai I told you, to this day I don't know what came over me. Nothing other than those three words came to my mind. But that was not even the shocking part -"