Chapter 5

PoV: Chishiki Uchiha

It was evening when I was called at the Hokage's office.

The moment I entered the Hokage's office I knew something was wrong. When I saw him activate his privacy seals.

"Hokage-sama?" I said in a questioning voice.

The Hokage didn't have his pipe in his hand, something must be serious.

"Chishiki, I have an S-Class mission to give you."

What?

"S-Class?"

"Yes, but before that I would like to ask you a few questions."

Nodding I waited for the Hokage to talk.

"Are you aware of the situation your clan is in?"

Slowly nodding I spoke. "We are being distanced due to the Kyuubi incident as it was seen that the nine-tailed fox had sharingan in his eye indicating that he was under the influence of one."

"And as a result, Konoha's leadership became distrustful of your clan and forced all Uchiha to live at one section of Konoha."

Closing my eyes to think calmly for a moment, I opened them and spoke. "Reasonable. I believe I would have done the same if I weren't an Uchiha myself."

Sighing the Hokage spoke. "Your clan is not satisfied with this outcome. I was planning on having Itachi become the next hokage, however."

"However?"

"However, your clan is planning a coup d'etat."

My eyes widened and I felt a pit form in my stomach.

"No..."

"Currently, Fugaku Uchiha, the clan head along with the elders are planning take over by force, they were not satisfied when they learned that Itachi was going to be the next hokage, thinking that it is just a false claim to calm them down."

 Closing my eyes, I began to try and calm myself down, the [ Gamer's Mind ] ability a very useful perk right now.

After calming down I opened my eyes and stared at the Hokage, my voice coming out low and uncertain. "Your orders?"

"Previously, your brother Shisui, was tasked with using Kotoamatsukami on Fugaku and one of the elders to stop the coup, however the plan ultimately failed with his sudden death."

"He had such a mission?" The Hokage nodded.

"He did not agree with the clan's plan and wanted to prevent what could amount to a civil war that would leave Konoha weak."

Taking in the information and processing it, I immediately realized. "You want me to use my mangekyo ability on them?"

"Yes."

"I accept the mission." I did not even need to think about it, what I am doing right now is not only saving Konoha from a civil war, but also saving my clan from destroying itself. "I see. When I return to the compound, I will go to the elders to ask if I am allowed to enter the advanced section of the Uchiha library. and use my ability on Fugaku."

The Hokage nodded. "Good luck Chishiki."

New Mission: Stop the Coup.

Use kotoamatsukami on Fugaku Uchiha. ( 0/1 )

Use kotoamatsukami on one of the elders. ( 0/1 )

Reward: 500000 EXP.

.