Chapter 2

PoV: Hiruzen Sarutobi

After Shisui's death the Uchiha situation has escalated, the clan has grown suspicious of young Itachi, thankfully Fugaku was backing his son.

Rubbing my forehead to rid myself of the migraine this situation has caused me I turn to the clock on the wall, it was getting dark, hopefully I can finish this paperwork and take my surrogate granddaughter to Ichiraku's.

"Hokage-sama."

'Yeah, wishful thinking' I thought as I stared at the Anbu kneeling before me.

"Speak."

"Naruko Uzumaki has been spotted walking towards her favorite stand with an Uchiha in toe.

'What? Is Fugaku planning to do something so soon?'

"Who is the Uchiha?"

"Chishiki Uchiha, Shisui Uchiha's smaller brother and Uzumaki's classmate."

"I see, dismissed."

The Anbu stood up and bowed then left leaving Hiruzen in deep contemplation.

'From what I know about Chishiki, he is a withdraw child who doesn't interact with his clansmen let alone his classmates, why did he suddenly approach Naruko? Right after he returned to the academy at that.'

Deciding that there are more important matters at hand than dealing with the paperwork I stood up and left with a destination in mind.

PoV: Chishiki Uchiha

'I am starting to wonder if it is worth the pain' I thought as I stared at the blonde idiot in front of me.

"One more bowl!"

"Naruko, you already ate 8."

"Only 8 is not enough." I am surprised that she doesn't look like an Akimichi.

"Young Chishiki, I didn't expect to see you here." I turn my head at the voice only to mee the third and current Hokage of the village.

"Hokage-sama" I stood up and gave a bow.

"Old man!" Old man?

"Now, now, no need for formalities please sit down."

I returned to and remained silent as I watched Naruko and the Hokage speak with each other so casually.

Suspicious, how come Naruko is close to the Hokage like this? Does it have to do with the Kyuubi?

The Hokage turned to me and spoke "Your brother was a great shinobi; I am deeply sorry for what happened."

"It is alright, I am getting over it... Since you are here, I would like to ask you some questions."

"You can go ahead." Said the hokage with a soft smile.

"There are only 3 months left before the end of the second academy year, I heard from Naruko that she will try the graduation exam again, I would like to also try it."

The Hokage looked surprised.

"Are you sure? You can wait two more years and graduate with your pears."

"Thank you for the offer Hokage-sama but I would like to graduate early and start my shinobi career since my brother is gone and the clan stipend barely covers the living cost."

I don't know if I said something that warranted the Hokage's grim look, it is not like I am the first or last person that will go through this problem.