Chapter 1 - The Seed Who Didn't Grow II

The next day,
I went to school and saw Kazumi on the entrance. I greeted her but she seemed to ignore me, she looked me in the eyes and then simply walked away. I then went to my classroom and went in. I saw Akio in his chair reading his usual manga and sat next to him which was at the back of the classroom near the windows.

"Good morning Akio." I said smiling.

"Silence."

"Hey Akio, why does Kazumi seem to be ignoring me? Did I do something wrong? Akio? Akio?" Kuromi persistently asks.

"Huh- Ooh it's you. Good morning. Well, I think she just didn't notice you." Akio said weirdly.

"Is something wrong Akio?"
"Huh- it's nothing."
"You're acting weird."
"Is that so?"

I then sat at my chair and I thought, Why do they seem to be ignoring me?
Had I done something wrong?

The teacher came in the class then started and it all went without a hitch but Akio didn't talk to me at all the whole class. Snack break came and I tried to strike up a conversation with Akio but he's friends from the volleyball team called him over. As they went out Kazumi came in after.

"Kazumi, what are you doing here?" I asked.
"We need to talk." Kazumi said.

She grabs my hand and drags me to the school's backyard.

"What's the matter Kazumi?"
"You!"
"Me?"
"Yes, you. I thought we were friends!" Kazumi shouted.
"Yeah we are. What are you talking about?"
"Tch. Don't act dumb now Kuromi!"
"I really don't know what your talking about Kazumi. Please tell me what's wrong."

"This." Kazumi held her phone in front of my face. There was a picture of me and Akio together in our yard, a picture where we were laughing together.

"And? What's wrong with that?" I asked.

"Wha- are you dumb? You know that I like Akio and who knew you two were always meeting up like that."

"What that was just yesterday and wait where did you get that?"

"It doesn't matter. You two must be secretly dating!"

"Huh were just bestfriends besides where neighbors so we meet sometimes not intentionally."

"No no, I don't believe you. Someone told me you've always been secretly meeting together and you should've told me you also like Akio. You didn't have to hurt my feelings like that, you should've told me the truth!"

"What but I don't like Akio at all!" I said loudly.

"So you don't like me?" Akio asked.

"Huh what are you doing here?" Kazumi asked.

"Someone left me a letter in my locker this morning, it didn't had a name from whom the letter was written but it was in Kuromi's hand writing so I thought she wanted to meet me. The letter said to meet me in the backyard in Snack break, I want to tell you something."

"Huh I never left a letter." I was surprised.

"See! Kuromi I knew it! You're a traitor!" Kazumi ran away crying.

"Wait! Kazumi!" I shouted.

"Why is she here and why is she crying?" Akio asked.

"I'm Sorry Akio, but I really didn't write that letter. I have to catch up to Kazumi." I said.

"Wait Kuromi." Akio grabs her hand.

"Huh"

"Do you really not have any feelings for me? Was it true what you just said?" Akio asked wholeheartedly.