Chapter 1 - The Seed Who Didn't Grow I

My name is Kuromi Hayami a teenage girl, 16 years of age. I am alone. Everyone has left me.

I am currently on a bridge trying to escape from this world's problems. You might ask what happened that made me make this decision. Well allow me to start from the beginning...

At the early age of 6 my mother took two of my siblings with her. She divorced my father and went to marry a wealthy man, which left me and my father. I insisted on staying with my father because I just can't bear the idea of leaving him alone. We had a happy family back then, as the youngest I was spoiled with all their love but...

One day my mother's father died, my grandfather. He left a will to my mother which gave her my grandfather's money and property all to her but only if he divorced my father and married the man my grandfather wanted. If she doesn't marry him everything my grandfather owns will go to her older brother. My grandfather was against the marriage of my father and mother to the point he thought of forgetting my mother as his own daughter.

My mother accepted the marriage, we were in a dire state due to my father not having a lot of income from his business and according to my grandfather's will my father's business was on the verge of collapsing, which my mother never knew. They had an argument, me and my older siblings were in our room hiding under our beds crying, our older brother told us

"Everything's going to be fine, alright." he said with a smile.

Even though I was young back then, I understood that it wasn't going to be fine like he said.

The next day, our mother packed our bags. My father was begging for her to stay and not take the children away but it was too late.

"Please don't leave me! Don't take my children away! I'm sorry I didn't tell you about the business falling apart. I can fix it I promise, please just don't leave me!" father said.

"How can our children go to school? How can we survive if the only source of our daily life is no more, we are in debt! My father was right I shouldn't have married you! Kuromi let's go!" Mother said angrily.

"Mother, I want to stay with father, I can't just leave him alone, please let me stay." Kuromi yells.

"What about your education? What will happen to you? Your future? You won't survive in this world with that father of yours!" Mother said.

"Didn't you love him?" tears falling through Kuromi's eyes.

"Love, it was a mistake..." her mother answered.

"Then we're we a mistake, was I a mistake mother?" Kuromi says heartbreakingly.

"No, I didn't mean it that way.." mother came close to hug me but my father pushed her away.

"Look at you, you even hurt her feelings, your own daughter and you call yourself a mother!" father said angrily.

"You-"

"I will prove to you that leaving me was a big mistake. I'll raise Kuromi on my own I'll show you that loving me wasn't a mistake!"

"Mother, please let me stay!" Kuromi begs her mother.

"So you chose your father over me, your mother, then fine! Forget you ever had a mother then."

"You witch, you're just like your father, only after the money." father says.

"I guess, I really am. Goodbye and let's forget each other then."

My older brother and sister couldn't help but only watch from the car window. But I wondered why weren't they crying?

Mother went into the car and never looked back. Meanwhile my father was depressed and heartbroken knowing my mother's true nature and never to ever see my siblings again.