i tHiNk hE's ✨ pOsSeSsEd ✨

Start from the beginning

"It's fine." He smiled. "I'm good."

"You look awfully pale." Hermes remarked. "Maybe we should stop here for the night."

"Maybe." Agnostos glanced down at the hall." "We're getting closer. The hideout somehow keeps shifting." Frank sighed.

"We're never going to get Percy back." He grumbled. 

For once, Frankie's right. Agnostos had a dangerous gleam in his eyes as he stood up slowly.

"You're right." He crossed his arms, sounding defeated. Frank stared at him.

"Excuse me?"

"I said, you're right. We'll never get Percy back." Agnostos' lips quirked upward in a smirk. Hazel's golden eyes looked desperate.

"We can't give up. We're so close to finding him!" She insisted. "Don't think like that."

"Oh, but you're much closer than you think." Hermes' eyes widened as he heard the same raspy voice coming from Agnostos that chilled his blood. Well, more like boiled it, but whatever. It was that eidolon.

"You again." Hazel gripped her sword angrily. The eidolon cackled.

"Yes, me again. Percy Jackson is much closer to you than you could ever imagine." Agnostos' shoulders went rigid, and he fell forward in a faceplant.

"Agnos!" Hermes caught him by the shoulders. 

"Curse the Fates—" He muttered; his voice tainted with pain. "Why does it always have to be me??" 

"Lean on me." Hermes let Agnostos wrap his arm around him. "You're going to be ok."

"Not really, not my mental health, definitely not." Agnostos gritted his teeth as he limped forward.

"We should stay here for the night." Hazel let him sit down, making him lean his head on the wall. "You need to rest."

"Fine, fine." He mumbled, rubbing his temples. His head throbbed painfully as black spots danced before his eyes. "I'll sleep just this once."

"Nuh uh, you're going to sleep with us every night. I'll go on first watch." Frank kissed Hazel on the cheek and told her gently to lie down.

"Aw, come on." Agnostos murmured, now half-asleep. He slowly felt his eyelids get heavy, and his vision was met with black.

Sort of Frank's POV—

Frank gazed around the halls of the Labyrinth, looking weary. His senses were still on alert, but he couldn't help but think about Agnostos. Could he trust him? What if something happened to Hazel, or one of the Camps? What would he do then?

He fiddled with an arrow, time ticking by for who knows how long. He paced silently, pondering about the upcoming war and where Percy could possibly be. He had heard rumors on how he murdered his fiancé's father and Athena's former love, but he would never do that, would he? And he couldn't be alive, when the news finally came that Percy himself was murdered by a monster a short time after the bounty was placed on his head. Perhaps faked his death? Maybe he just murdered someone else in his place...?

Frank sighed, feeling restless despite his lack of ADHD. He glanced at Hermes, who actually was drooling. So Agnostos was right. Huh.

What if this was all a trap? Frank felt a pang of fear at this. What if Agnostos was a double-agent who was faking all this and was secretly working for Kronos?

He must be a really good actor, then. Frank mused silently. He closed is eyes for a second, and when he cracked them open, he suddenly saw a dark shadow pass over where Agnostos was sleeping, an object in its hand.

"Stop!" Frank yelled, his bow and arrows at the ready. The cloaked figure held up Agnostos by the collar of his cloak, a knife pressed to his throat.

"Move and he dies." He growled. Frank hesitated. "And wake anyone here up, he dies."

"What do you want?" Frank demanded. "Why do you want to kill him?"

"Oh, maybe not kill. I'm just on a mission to uncover a long-forgotten secret." He grinned from underneath his hood.

"You work for Kronos, don't you?" Frank whispered. "You want to kill all of us." 

"What? No! I just—you know what, it doesn't matter why I'm here. I just—"

"I'm awake, you know." Agnostos grumbled. "No need to ignore me like I'm nothing, it happens all the time. Now, if you'll excuse me, Renard, I have a certain Creator of the Universe to chew out." He shot a knowing glance upward to his capturer. The stranger grinned sheepishly.

"Ok, you guessed it." He shrugged. "I work for Chaos. But he still gave me orders to find out who you are!"

"Blackmail doesn't work on these people." Agnostos gestured to the sleeping group. "Plus, I can do this." He vaporized, making Renard do a double-take.

"See?" He reformed a couple of feet away. "I could also judo-flip you. Or punch you in the stomach, or slit your throat, or take you by the neck and strangle you—"

"Sounds violent." Renard remarked.

"Eh. Usually how I deal with strangers that hold a knife to my throat when I'm sleeping. Be glad I didn't use the more painful way." He warned. Renard gulped. This guy was intimidating.

"Uh, what the heck is going on here?" Frank asked nervously. "Who is that guy?"

"Renard, chief commander of Chaos' Army." Renard held out a hand. "Nice to meet you too, Frank Zhang, Praetor of Camp Jupiter. I've heard a lot about you." Get da reference ppl