Chapter 14: Crocoduel

Start from the beginning

You nodded understandingly. "See you there."

Noé and Vanitas agreed, and Noé headed back ouside to prepare for the day.

As Noé headed back to his room, Vanitas turned to you and placed a gentle kiss on your lips. You were surprised by the gesture, but pleasantly so. 

"What was that for?" you asked, a smile playing at the corners of your lips.

He grinned mischievously. "Just getting it in while we're alone. Once we meet up with Noé, we won't have much privacy for the rest of the day."

You couldn't help but chuckle at his response, admiring the way he always managed to inject a bit of humor into even the most serious of situations. With a final smile, he headed out to get ready, leaving you alone to prepare for your day.

{~Collège Françoise Dupont Courtyard~}

You and Vanitas walked in the class hand in hand then see Juleka who was now staring solemnly as the floor alone. You took a seat next to her and tapped her shoulder.

"What's up Juleka?" You asked gently and she looked up at you with a nervous expression.

"I...uh-"

"Did Marinette say something?" You asked with a lighter tone, knowing the conflict between you and your sister always made her nervous.

Juleka fumbled with her hands and allowed her hair to cover most of her face. "Yes."

"What was it?"

"Well...Luka and I have been going back and forth about what to do with our birthday. We originally wanted to get the gang together and go to the movies, but then Alya suggested a birthday party. Now Marinette says she doesn't want to go unless you and Luka don't go and she wants me to ask both of you to stay home."

Your eyes were wide with shock because it was the most you ever heard her speak at once, even if her words were mostly mumbled.

You sighed and placed a hand on her shoulder, pulling her in for a hug. "If you don't want me to come, I won't. Just don't let her force this on you. It's your and your brothers birthday, not her's, okay?" You we're trying your hardest to remain calm for her sake.

"I want you and Van there, Luka too. I want all of you to make up so we can all hang out together." She had pulled back from you and you noticed there were tears beginning to swell in her eyes.

You smiled gently, "You really are kind."

She looked up at you with surprised eyes, almost like she had never heard those words before. "Thank you (Y/n)."

You nodded. "I hope we all make up too." You whispered, unsure if she heard you.

{~Liberty~}

You arrived early to help your friends decorate their house boat.

"You sure you don't need the stool (Y/n)?" Luka was smirking behind you with his guitar strapped around him and his arms crossed observantly.

"No thank you, Luka, but thanks for asking." You jumped and tape the end of the streamers to the pole.

Luka just smiled his typical smile and nodded. He patted you on the head. "You're adorable, and stubborn."

Vanitas felt the fumes and rush like a speedy rabbit and swatted his away from your head. " "Just because it's your birthday doesn't mean you get to pat my girlfriend!" he stuck his tongue out at him.

Luka just back away holding his hand up. "It what a brother would do, and I know she's your girlfriend. You two are made for each after all."

Vanitas huffs in satisfaction and you sighed. "Vanitas...it's just a brotherly pat. You know I only have eyes on you."