Langer & Woods.

Max looked over the body of the male, which appeared lifeless. Before she knew it, she was swept off her feet; he had waited for Max to get close and then kicked her legs away. Max dropped her gun and hit the ground hard. She had injured the male with her shot, but with the way he was acting, he seemed on something. He'd probably taken some of the mystery substance the cash slam fighters took. He got to his feet and grabbed his knife. Max scrambled and returned to her feet but couldn't find her gun in time.

"I'm going to fuck you up", he growled

"Wait, I'm going to fu...."

He didn't finish his sentence. Max had taken the advantage and decided not to listen to his crap. She ran towards him and launched her powerful physique into him,  barging into him and knocking him back down. They both fell to the ground, but he had the advantage and climbed on top of Max. He grabbed Max's arms and started to push them down. She was stronger and soon pushed her arms back up, and with her police training, she thrust him off with her hips. Again, he scrambled to his feet quickly and kicked Max in the face hard. She felt blood coming down her face. He grabbed Max by her jacket and dragged her across the floor, slamming her face into the wooden timber support. Max started to feel confused, and her vision blurred. He left her slumped against the timber support and walked back to get his knife. He grabbed his knife and came back over. Max was trying to get to her feet, but he kicked her in the chest. She was winded and struggled for breath.  He stood over her.

Fuck you he said

It appeared it hadn't learnt that Max would take advantage of any situation, and speech-making was of them. She kicked him hard in his kneecap, and he fell again to the ground. Max was barely conscious now. She dragged herself over and climbed on top of the male. Max started to punch as hard as she could, blow after blow. Her strength was rapidly fading, and she was finding it hard to remain conscious. In between punches, she heard footsteps. The guy who she had first knocked out had come round. He grabbed Max from the back and pulled her off his colleague, throwing her to the floor and then kicking her several times in the stomach. The male walked over to his bloody colleague and helped him up. This time, he managed to reload his gun and loaded it.

"Fuck you bitch", he said, pointing the rifle at the semi-conscious Max.

He lowered the gun towards Max's head. Max's body curled up into the fetal position. She covered her head with her arms, fearing the worst. There were two gunshots. Strange, the shots didn't sound as loud as they should have done; being so close, they sounded further away. Max felt no pain. She was confused. Her eyes opened, and she peeped out between her hands, which were covering her face. Almost in slow motion, the two men fell to the floor. Max was in a bad way and about to pass out.

Max opened her eyes and then drifted off again. Hours seemed to pass, days maybe? Max awoke in a brilliant white room. The sun was shining through the window. She could see some lush green trees and found the bird song comforting.  A nurse came into the room.

"What hospital am I in?" Max asked

"I'm sorry, Maxine, I can't answer that." replied the nurse.

"Then get me someone who can!" demanded Max.

She attempted to sit up, but the pain she felt kept her lying down in her bed.

I'll get someone to come and see you Said the nurse, smiling as she left.

Max looked around the room. It was spotless and appeared to be relatively modern and full of tech. Max was sensing that this was not a state hospital. A doctor entered the room.

"I'm Profess...sorry, Dr Woods" Maxine...

"Max, call me Max,"  she interrupted.

"Ok, Max, you suffered some serious injuries. If it weren't for your muscular physique, you wouldn't be here."