94.

"I-I need blood," a weak and tired Neriah groaned, her head lolled to the side while her arms were chained high above her. "Just a little, please."

Derek, Mr. Argent, Deaton, and Ezril all watched her under the Hale house, eyes full of different emotions. It had been a few hours since the death of Allison and Ryker and the others were at the police station with fake stories about Allison's death. Due to Ryker's body, Ezril had to get rid of it himself with Derek before the police could see it.

Derek Hale was struggling silently, standing the furthest away from everyone. Ryker hadn't been his friend, but he did grow up with Neriah and the boy and he had watched how close they were as children. And he knew how much he meant to his cousin from the day he saw them together in the loft. Now Ryker was gone, another person she had lost. Another scar across her skin that would stay with her forever. Just like her family and Allison.

Not to mention, he hated watching Neriah in the state she was in. The girl was pale and sweating with a pool of blood under her from the many deep cuts Ezril had inflicted on her skin. Deaton had also slipped Vervain into her to speed up the process of turning her humanity on. But so far nothing was working.

Neriah Hale with her humanity was shattered beyond repair. He knew it. They all knew it.

"Why isn't her humanity turning back on?" Mr. Argent asked, turning his attention to Ezril who was assessing Neriah. "We need her back. We need Riah."

"Why the hell do you care about her so much?" Derek snapped, turning his hard gaze on the hunter.

"Because I made a promise to my daughter," Mr. Argent said lowly, looking at Derek who was confused. "Allison—she was worried about something possibly happening and she made me promise her...She made me promise to take care of them." He turned back to a smirking Neriah. "Especially Riah."

"I would suggest leaving," Ezril cut in, stalking toward Neriah as she tilted her head at him. "If you want her back soon, then I'll have to increase the pain."

"I'm not leaving her," Derek said firmly, leaning back against a wall.

Deaton looked between them, feeling guilty for his next words. "I'll be outside." He glanced at Neriah one last time before leaving the room and closing the door behind him, not wanting to see any more pain inflicted on her.

Ezril crouched down in front of Neriah with a dagger in hand before looking over his shoulder at Mr. Argent. "I would leave now if that's what you wish."

Mr. Argent looked at Neriah, his daughters' words replaying in his mind as he shook his head. "I made a promise," he repeated firmly.

Ezril only nodded, turning back to a smiling Neriah. "Turn it back on or I'll make this worse," he warned her with a voice as cold as death.

Neriah laughed, leaning her head back against the wall. "Give it your best shot."

And he did exactly that. Derek flinched as the dagger went straight into Neriah's thigh, her face remaining blank as she stared into Ezril's hard eyes. And then he twisted it, pushing down harder, seeing her eyes flutter, telling him she was starting to react. With his other hand, he pulled out a dagger covered in vervain before stabbing it into her ribs where her burned tattoo was. That time she reacted, her body jerking forward with a small cry, but not once did she break eye contact.

"Riah, please," Derek said, taking a step forward with a begging tone. "Just turn it back on."

Neriah kept her eyes locked with Ezril's and then flashed her teeth with a wicked smile. "Again," she ordered. "Put some anger into it," she taunted him. "Ryker's dead because he tried to save me. Doesn't that make you mad? Your friend dying for me."