18.

"I still can't believe you smashed in the windows of Jackson's car," Stiles laughed as we walked into his house. "He looked like he was going to cry after school. How did you even do that without getting caught?"

"I can get in and out of places unnoticed." I shrugged my shoulder with a proud smile, walking up the stairs.

"Well, remind me not to piss you off again," he muttered, pushing open his bedroom door and rushing over to his desk.

I froze next to the door, noticing Derek standing in the corner like a creep. "We need to work on your people skills," I whispered, dropping my bag before throwing myself onto the bed.

"What did you say?" Stiles asked, typing away on his computer and obviously not noticing Derek.

"Nothing," I hummed, waiting for him to turn around.

"Hey, Stiles!" Mr. Stilinksi called out from down the hall and I widened my eyes at Derek.

"Yo...D-Derek," Stiles stuttered, turning around in his seat to find Derek still standing behind the door.

Derek held a finger up to his mouth and then waved at the door. I watched in amusement as Stiles ran over to the door, pulling it half closed behind him.

"We need to buy you a phone," I whispered to Derek, getting up from the bed. "I'll even teach you how to text and make calls."

Derek flipped me off and I smiled sweetly, standing behind Stiles where he covered my body from sight.

"Listen I've got something I've got to take care of, but I'm gonna be there tonight. I mean, your first game," Mr. Stilinski said.

I pushed Stiles over, squeezing in beside him as Mr. Stilinski smiled at me. "We'll be the loudest ones cheering," I said happily, nudging Stiles' arm as Mr. Stilinski nodded his head agreeing.

"My first game," Stiles said like he couldn't believe it. "Gosh, great. Awesome. Uh, good."

Mr. Stilinski proudly smiled at his son, and I couldn't stop smiling for the both of them. I know they don't spend much time together anymore since Stiles' mom passed away, so moments like these were special for them.

"I'm very happy for you," Mr. Stilinski said to him. "And I'm really proud of you."

"Thanks," Stiles said with a small smile. "Me, too. I'm happy and proud of myself."

"So they're really gonna let you play, right?" he asked, making sure.

"Yeah, dad. I'm first line," Stiles assured him. "You bet."

"I'm very proud," Mr. Stilinski repeated and I slowly stepped back into the room, feeling the awkwardness of my presence.

"Is this what all families are like?" I whispered to Derek who looked annoyed as I sat on the end of the bed.

Stiles came back into the room a few minutes later and Derek grabbed the front of his shirt, pinning him to the door.

"If you say one word—"

"What, you mean, like, 'Hey, dad, Derek Hale's in my room. Bring your gun'?" Stiles cut him off with more confidence than I had ever seen when it came to him and Derek. My cousin stepped back but kept hold of Stiles' shirt. "Yeah, that's right. If I'm harbouring your fugitive ass, it's my house, my rules, buddy." He hit the back of his hand on Derek's shoulder, and I snorted.

"Just kiss already," I laughed, watching them with full amusement.

Derek fixed Stiles' jacket, taking a step back and I shook my head as Stiles decided to fix Derek's jacket. He went to walk around, and Derek flinched at him, causing Stiles to yell as I started laughing harder.