93.

Neriah sat in the backseat of the jeep with Isaac while Stiles drove and Scott was in the passenger, silent as ever with Meredith's words still playing in their heads like a tune. 'You're screaming. He's screaming with you.' It was a clear warning, but none of them wanted to believe it at all. They knew someone was screaming with Neriah, but who was the 'he'? That question stank the jeep out with anxiety and fear.

Not to mention that all of them, except Stiles, were worried about him more. The boy was pale, shivering, and looking as if he was struggling to stay awake.

"Hey," Stiles said, turning to Neriah for a second, "you okay?"

Neriah nodded with a small smile. "Yeah, always. You don't have to worry about me."

"All right, I'll say it," Isaac sighed, looking at the back of Stiles' head. "You look like you're dying."

"Isaac!" Neriah exclaimed with wide eyes as Scott sent him a look.

"What?" Isaac tilted his head at her. "He's pale, thin, and he looks like he's getting worse. And we're all sitting here thinking it." She exhaled sharply, crossing her arms over her chest as he looked back to Stiles. "When we find the other you, is he gonna look like he's getting better?"

"What happens if he gets hurt?" Scott questioned while Neriah and Isaac had a glare off in the backseat.

"You mean if he dies, do I die?" Stiles questioned and they all stayed quiet as he shrugged his shoulders. "I don't care. Just so long as no one else dies because of me." He looked over at Scott while Neriah's face dropped. "I remember everything I did, Scott. I remember pushing that sword into you. I remember twisting it."

"It wasn't you," Scott countered firmly.

"Yeah, but I remember it," Stiles said. "You guys gotta promise me. You can't let anyone else get hurt because of me."

The three of them stayed quiet, sharing a look as Stiles continued driving. Neriah wasn't going to promise anything. Not a single thing.

Stiles slowed down the jeep, parking it behind Allison's car out front of the grand gates of Oak Creek, where Lydia was with Void. Neriah quickly climbed over the seats, getting out with a hand from Scott before she then waited for Isaac.

"We're gonna talk after this, just so you know," Neriah said firmly to Isaac, grabbing his hand to stop him from walking toward Kira and Allison who were waiting for all of them outside of the gates. "Whatever has you upset, I want to fix, okay?"

Isaac nodded, looking down at her with a faint smile, making her smile for the first time in hours since their small argument at the house. "We'll fix it," he promised her before placing a kiss on the top of her head.

"We always do," she added, following after him with their hands still holding onto each other.

They were the last ones to meet with the others and everyone shared a dreadful look. Void was inside somewhere, a nogitsune that was powerful and dangerous. Not to forget that the oni were somewhere, unkillable creatures that were deadly with a sword. Tonight could end in many ways, and they all knew that, causing Neriah to hold Isaac's hand tighter.

"We've done this before, guys," Scott said after a long moment of silence. "A couple of weeks ago we were standing around just like this and we saved Malia, remember?" They all nodded and Neriah bit her lip, remembering the girl who was also her sister. "That was a total stranger. This is Lydia."

"I'm here to save my best friend," Allison said confidently, despite the fear in her eyes.

"I came to save mine," Scott said, looking at Stiles.