Chapter 9

Charles, Javier, Annie and Bill were walking to Arthur and suddenly saw Dutch standing next to some man.
As they got closer, Annie recognized him. "Trelawny?" Annie said quietly to herself.
"Ah, Javier and Charles.." Josiah said looking at those two. "I've missed you!" he added.
"And Annie! What a beautiful lady she had become!" Josiah looked at Annie. "Josiah" Annie smiled at him and Josiah kissed the top of her hand.
Javier just rolled his eyes over his gesture.
"And Bill, looking as well as can be" Josiah said looking at Bill who was barely walking and covered in blood after that bar fight. 
"Lady and gentlemen, always a pleasure" Josiah bowed to them. Annie sat on stairs next to Arthur, who was completely covered in dirt.

"You're right, we ain't too popular in Blackwater" Dutch said. "We left a lot of money there" Arthur replied him. "And young Sean it seems" Josiah added. "Sean?" Annie's eyes lit up.
She was quite close with Sean, he was like a brother to her.
Josiah nodded at her and turned his head to Dutch, waiting to his reaction. "You've found him?" Dutch asked him surprised.
"Yes, I have" Josiah answered him. "He's been held by some bounty hunters.. Trying to see how much money the government will pay them" Josiah informed them. "I know he's in Blackwater.. but there's talk of them moving" he added.
Annie was nodding her head, while she was staring on ground in thought. Of course, going to Blackwater after that massacre that happened there would be really crazy and it might not turn out well, but Annie just wanted to save him.

"Well, if we step foot in Blackwater, then we're dead men for sure" Arthur said and stood up. "There'll be Pinkertons all over the place.." Dutch said.
"I think if he's alive, we have to try" Annie also wanted to share her opinion. Dutch looked thoughtfully at the ground and nodded his head. "Yeah.. we have to" he finally said.
"Of course" Arthur spat out the mud that was in his mouth. "It's you they want, Dutch" Josiah looked at him. "Always is" Dutch answered him confidently.

"Okay, so.. Charles, go find what you can, carefully. Josiah, take Annie and Javier.." Dutch started giving instructions. Annie and Javier looked at each other, knowing that they were going to learn a lot of informations along the way with Josiah, because this guy just won't shut up.

"Then, let's hit the road!" Josiah said walking to his horse. Annie gently laughed to herself and mounted her horse, giving him a pat. Annie and Javier started following Josiah as he drove away from Valentine.

"I thought you went to New York?" Annie started the conversation. "Yes, but when I found out about the mess you all made in Blackwater, I decided to start looking for you" Josiah answered her with a smile.
"How are you two, actually? I haven't seen you in a year!" he asked them.

"I'm fine" Annie answered him with a smile. "What about you Javier?" he asked him. "Eeem.. Yeah, I'm good too" he answered him. Annie and Javier just thought Josiah was kind of funny, because of his talkativeness and polite behavior, so they looked at each other sometimes on the way and smiled at his words.

"Anyway, we'll go to the little cliff right next to Blackwater, where we'll have a view of the whole town" Josiah informed them. "Okay" Javier replied.

They continued driving and arrived at the place.
Sean was supposed to be moved in the morning, that was their chance to save him.
It was getting dark, they made a little camp there, made a fire, and Josiah was talking again. Charles came too, Annie lay down and stared into the fire while Josiah talked about his family.

"..Their names are Tarquin and Cornelius, they are my two sons.. " Josiah was talking with a smile on his face. "Oh, right," Annie mumbled, trying not to fall asleep.

Ann fell asleep after a few minutes. Not that Josiah's stories were boring, of course not.
"Okay gentlemen, I'm going to get some sleep" Josiah told them. "Good night!" he added and went under the tent.