Chapter 6

It was the next morning, Annie was sitting next to Reverend changing John's bandages.
"Ahh, God" John said in pain as Annie changed the bandage on his leg. "I know, I know" Annie whispered. Suddenly Arthur entered the cabin. "I thought you were reading him his last rites Reverend.. now I see you are introducing him to your other passion" Arthur said to him. "I'll mind you to show me some respect Mr. Morgan" Reverend answered him and left. "Mind away Reverend" Arthur told him.

"Is he still here with us?" Arthur asked Annie, leaning on her shoulder. "For now" Annie answered him.
"Wait.. how like.. for now? Am I going to die?" John asked her. "No- No, don't worry, I was just kiddin' " Annie answered him.
"I owe you, Morgan" John looked at Arthur who sat down in the chair next to Annie. "And you'll pay me, but for the moment just rest" Arthur told him. Suddenly, Dutch burst into the cabin. "Arthur.. Annie.. I think it's time for the train" Dutch told them and took out a map. "You want me to come?" John said in pain. "Of course I do, but.. look at you" Dutch answered him. "I was always ugly, Dutch" John answered him. "It's just a scratch" John said trying to get up. "Lie low son" Dutch put him back on the bed. Abigail and Jack suddenly came to the cabin. "Hello Abigail," Dutch greeted her. "Dutch" Abigail nodded at him as she held Jack's hand. "Jackie" Dutch greeted little Jack.
"The boy wanted to see you, John," Abigail led Jack over to the lying John. "He's seen me now...or what's left of me," John replied. "Come on," Annie whispered at him. "What about you?" he asked Abigail. "I guess I was just hoping to see a corpse," Abigail told him. "Bide your time, you'll see a lot of them," John told her with a small smile. Annie smiled at little Jack who was holding Abigail's hand.
"You are a rotten man, John Marston," said Abigail, and left. "He's an idiot, Abigail, we all know that," Dutch told her. Abigail left the cabin with Jack and slammed the door.

"Okay, now the railway," Dutch said, stepping out of the cabin. "Bill, now go ahead and load the charge.. at the water tower, just before the tunnel," Dutch said to Bill, who was standing outside by the horses. Annie left the cabin and saw Hosea shaking his head at Dutch. "Why are we doing this?" Hosea asked him. "Wheater is breaking, we can leave," Hosea told him.

Meanwhile, Annie went to her horse, which was standing right next to Boaz. Annie was stroking her horse's neck and suddenly saw Javier walking towards her. "Nice horse you got there," Javier smiled at her. "Thank you," Annie smiled at him. "I didn't know you had such good taste in horses," Javier continued. "Well, I guess I have" Annie laughed and mounted her horse. "Boaz is very handsome horse too," Annie told him.
"Yeah, he is," Javier said with a chuckle and mounted.

"Gentlemen, it's time to make something of ourselves," Dutch told them.
"Get your horses ready, we have the train to rob" Dutch continued and mounted his horse. "Everyone ready? Okay, let's head out" he said.

They all went after Dutch. "Okay, listen up, all of you" Dutch said after a while. "According to the information, so kindly provided to us by the O'driscolls, the train will be coming North from Big Valley.." Dutch explained to them and started telling everyone what to do.
"Charles, you'll keep lookout for any outriders. How's that hand anyway?" Dutch asked Charles. "I'll be fine" Charles yells at him from behind. "Good. I'll take the driver and engineer, then run point" Dutch said.
"Lenny, Javier, you two take the front cars, deal with any guards" Dutch told them.
"Micah, Arthur and Annie, you head straight for the back" Dutch said. "The golden trio" Micah said. "Great" Arthur answered him. "Have you got a problem with that, you two?" Micah asked them. "Maybe just a little one" Annie answered him. "If you keep your head for once" Arthur answered him. "You worry about yourself" Micah told him. "Enough!" Dutch admonished them.
"After Bill blows the tracks, we're gonna need to move fast" Dutch said.

Annie saw Micah coming towards her again. "So what do you think about the teaming?" Micah asked her. "I'm not very happy, to be honest" Annie answered him. "You know, I'd rather it were just the two of us, but maybe next time Morgan will let us alone" Micah told her. "Hope not" Annie said. Micah gently laughed over her answer and drove back to the front.

They drove on and the snow was slowly disappearing, Annie could hardly see any next to her. That meant they were coming away from the mountains. "Out of the snow, finally" Arthur said looking around. "Feels good, doesn't it? But we need to get this done fast now it's thawing.. before anyone gets up here after us" Dutch said. "Look at you boys, see?" Dutch said. "This is what I call a crew" he continued. "Micah Bell, Charles Smith, Arthur Morgan, Javier Escuella, Lenny Summers and the only girl, the bravest one I know, Annie Sinclair" Dutch said happily and made Annie smile. "No mistakes, not again, you all" Dutch told them.

Annie always liked robberies, but the one in Blackwater went a little wrong. "So we do this, then we go back to Blackwater to collect?" Micah asked. That was probably the only thing he had been asking for the past few days. "How many times are you going to ask the same question, Micah?" Arthur asked him. "That's a lot of damn money to leave sitting for too long" Micah answered him. "I think it would be crazy to go back there after everything that happened" Annie answered him. "We go back when I say we go back, and that's the end of it. The money's safe, you'll just have to trust me" Dutch answered them.

It didn't take long before they reached a small cliff with the view on the train tracks. Bill was already setting up the dynamite there.
"Is Bill there?" Dutch asked. "Yeah" Arthur answered him. Dutch sent Arthur to go and help Bill with that dynamite. Annie could feel Javier looking at her, but she didn't pay too much attention to it. "Is your ankle okay now, Ann?" Dutch asked her. "Yeah, it doesn't hurt at all anymore" Annie answered him. "I'm proud of you Ann, you are doing really well past few months" Dutch told her with a smile. "Thank you" Annie smiled at him.
"What's happening?" Dutch asked Arthur who had just come back to meet them. "He says everything is fine" Arthur answered him. "We'll soon find out" Javier said. "Okay, cover your faces. Train should be here every minute now" Dutch told them and covered his face with his bandana. "Ready?" Javier looked at Annie. "Of course" Annie told him, pulling her black bandana over her face. Already the hum of the train could be heard, and Bill hid beside the tracks. "Okay, it's time. Good luck all of you" Dutch said. Annie could already see the train slowly approaching.

Annie saw Bill trying his best to turn on the dynamite. He messed up. "Oh, you have got to be kidding me" Dutch looked at Arthur as if it was his fault. "Sure, so it's my fault now" Arthur answered him. "Let's go!" Lenny yelled and ran after Annie who ran straight to the tunnel. "Can we make it?" Javier shouted. "I hope so.. Jump!" Annie screamed and jumped. Annie grabbed some pipes but couldn't hold herself. "No, please no" Annie said and fell down.
"Shit, why me again?" Annie said in anger as she saw the train leaving in front of her. She turned around and saw Javier lying on the ground.
"Oh my god, are you okay?" Annie asked him and ran after him. "Yeah, I've never been better" Javier said grabbing Annie's hand to get up. "Thanks, hermosa" Javier told her. Annie had absolutely no idea what the word meant. She was used to being addressed in Spanish by him, but she hadn't heard this word before. "Hermosa? that's the new one!" Annie laughed. "What does that mean?" Annie asked him.
"Umm.. I guess you'll have to find out because I'm not going to tell you" Javier smirked at her.
"You're the only one in the gang who speaks Spanish, I think" Annie answered him and smiled jokingly.
"Well, maybe I'll tell you sometime" Javier chuckled. "Come on, let's get to the others" Javier told her, patting her gently on the shoulder.