Chapter 9: Gluttony's Domain

"Well if it isn't Abaeze, long time no see!"

"Jazmine! It's good to see you again!"

Jazmine called out to her rival, one who she had not seen since they first encountered in her mother's lab. Cherri was also present, also making the choice to wave to her though they had left each other only a few days ago. As she got closer however she noticed that they looked slightly more ragged and slightly dustier than usual, Cherri in fact looks like he's been dragged across the region, though I suppose for Jazmine that isn't the most unfamiliar experience.

"Damn it looks like you two just got pushed through a cave, did Bolt run head first into whatever crossed its eyeline?"

Bolt gave an enthusiastic cry as it was mentioned, the other two somewhat laughing off what she said as it was only partially true. Abaeze however was similarly questioning about Jazmine, both why she was coming this way and what was up with her hair. Her hair? Ah, just like Jazmine being absent for their adventures there was a lot Jazmine got up to.

"Oh right, still a little frazzled huh? Yeah well it was a sacrifice I was willing to make for THIS!"

Jazmine highlights something on her bag, adjacent to the badge she was bestowed by Omi. Whilst they were busy gallivanting off and dealing with titanic legendary Pokémon Jazmine had already acquired her 2nd Gym Badge. Well "already", though seeing as they managed to meet up again despite the time discrepancy, coupled with Jazmine's somewhat fried hair, it was pretty obvious she had just completed it. Just about. After many tries. It was the Gym's challenge again. But she didn't care about what she already knew, she wanted to know about what they were up to.

"W-Wow that's amazing, you really are a strong trainer! You and Abaeze both."

"Yeah, I know right? Thanks for the compliment I won't say no to more. But I won't let you sit yourself out of this yet, we're all still equal rivals here! Now, I hope you two haven't been sitting idle whilst I almost got myself fried."

The boys go silent for a moment, unsure about how to address what had happened to them. It was a lot to push on another person but Cherri tried to put it as best he could. Bolt was even willing to join in, perhaps attempting to represent the situation with charades, despite the fact Gastly has no hands.

"You see I saw these people and...Bolt wanted to go inside the cave...giant Pokémon that looks like a Copperajah with jewellery...Current Couplet?...saved by a Gengar...Samantha-"

"Wait wait wait you met Samantha?! Let me guess, she basically didn't talk to you while bulldozing her way through everything?"

"Cherri was quite enamoured by the Gengar and Samantha both so he probably wasn't even aware of that-"

The playful tease caused Cherri a small amount of embarrassment from being called out like that. Though Abaeze quickly tried to reassure he meant nothing of it, though it was interesting Jazmine raised that immediately. Then again he didn't know a lot about all of the Gym Leaders outside of what he knew from his limited TV access at home.

"Is it something she's known for?"

"Oh you guys don't know? Ah, people say that Samantha is a really piece of work y'know? They say she's badmouthed, not to mention she's the daughter of a super rich family that planted themselves here suddenly some time back. AND she's apparently really annoying to battle, she's the least popular Gym Leader by a mile."

Cherri was surprised, maybe even concerned to hear this. The things Jazmine said and what he saw were not matching up. Perhaps he was blinded by the situation he was put under when meeting her, or perhaps he just sees something others don't.