The Planning Stage

Start from the beginning

"For a long time, Mynx has not celebrated her birthday. Birthdays are a big custom over here, we celebrate the day someone was born every year, sure, it is not that big of a deal after a certain amount of time. But, ever since we started fighting in a squad together, Mynx has not celebrated, she despises her birthday. Aura took over and immediately decided to throw her a small celebration here. We plan on having her go back home to her biological family for half the day, a small brunch, with someone while Jazz gets Fig from Florida,"

"Why send Jazz to get Fig?"

"Because, Fig has not met any of the new Autobots, and I want to keep Ironhide here, Jazz is pretty good at keeping himself hidden so he can easily sneak away for a while. I wanted to ask you if you had any ideas on who could take Mynx. I would have thought about Sunstreaker and Sideswipe, but-"

"They would most likely try harming her parents with their words,"

Will nodded, 

"Definitely, and I am not that familiar with how the others are with her,"

Optimus nodded, 

"I will send her with Smokescreen, he is still new and I believe it would be good for him to get used to human customs,"

Will smiled, 

"Great, thank you,"

Optimus nodded, 

"You are welcome. Is there anything that we should be aware of for birthdays?"

Will chuckled, 

"Kaitlyn and Aura will explain, and I have no doubt that Angel will also jump in with her own aggressive way,"

Optimus nodded, 

"I will go inform Jazz and Smokescreen the plan,"

Will nodded, 

"Good, and please make sure Jazz doesn't try offlining Smokescreen,"

Optimus nodded, 

"I am sure he will not try-"

"You see what I see when Jazz is with Mynx?"

Optimus smiled,

"Yes, I do. He is fiercely overprotective, and I do hope that one day he learns why,"

Will smirked, 

"You know,"

Optimus nodded, 

"I do know, and I am sure some of the other Autobots do as well,"

Will laughed, 

"So it's just Mynx and Jazz that are clueless?"

Optimus chuckled, 

"It appears so,"

Will sighed, 

"Well, they have to figure it out soon. I'm about to lose my money,"

Optimus looked at him, 

"Lose money?"

Will nodded, 

"We have very vital customs over here. This one is called a bet. We bet money toward how long we think it will take the two clueless to realize what they have,"

Optimus nodded, 

"Before the rebellion, we did have what you call a bet, and we used energon cubes as our source of betting currency,"

Will chuckled and nudged his shoulder, 

"Well, as I have said, we are much alike,"

Optimus nodded, 

"We are indeed,"

Optimus left and immediately asked Smokescreen and Jazz to meet him in his office to discuss something. He got confirmation from the two, and when he arrived at his office, the two mechs were standing there with confused faces.

"Optimus, what did you want to discuss?"

"Jazz, I am sending you to retrieve Fig. Commander Lennox will provide his location. Smokescreen, I am putting you on temporary guardianship of Mazikeen while she visits her family-"

"WHAT?"

Optimus sighed as Jazz narrowed his optics, 

"Prime, why is Smokescreen going with Lil M? She is my charge!"

"Because, Fig knows you, I can not go pick him up, Ironhide can not pick him up, Ratchet is needed here, and he is unfamiliar with everyone else."

Smokescreen patted Jazz's shoulder, 

"Don't worry, Maze will be safe with me,"

Jazz stared at him dead in the optic, 

"If anything happens to her, you got me, Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, and Tex to deal with first,"

Smokescreen nodded, 

"I know, don't worry,"

He turned to Optimus, 

"Is there something that I need to know?"

Optimus nodded, 

"You need to keep watch over her, make sure no Decepticon or human detects you. Mazikeen does not always get along with her carrier,"

Smokescreen nodded, 

"Is it just us two?"

Optimus nodded, 

"Yes. I also request that you try using your holo-form. I want everyone to work on slowly interacting with the humans through our holo-forms to integrate ourselves with them more. Mazikeen has approved of this. This is to be kept a secret, Jazz you are not permitted to tell anyone that you are getting Fig, especially Mazikeen. It is a surprise for her, it is the day of her birth, it is a human custom to celebrate and Mazikeen has not for a long time."

Jazz sighed but nodded, 

"Okay, when do I leave?"

"Tonight, you have to drive straight there because we are not permitted to use the aircraft,"

Jazz sighed but nodded, 

"Alright, I'll go tell Lil M that I will be going on a mission tonight,"

Optimus patted his shoulder, 

"Do not worry, old friend, Mazikeen is in good hands,"

Jazz sighed and glanced back at Smokescreen momentarily, 

"I know, doesn't stop the worry though,"

"I know,"