Pg 3 - A Rude Awakening

Tugging on the strap of her book bag, Stacy walked along towards the double door entrance. Her eyes sought out the passerby students, hoping to get a good glance of her classmates. Filled with excitement and a bundle of nerves, she wonder the hallway. And that was when she caught her first glimpse of her, Claudia.

She inhaled a sharp breath. Claudia's eyes had glided towards Stacy's. That frigid stare locked upon her, and her footsteps forward gradually came to a stand still. Claudia's head tilted ever so slightly in response, perhaps in confusion or curiosity, yet her displeased expression remained. Stacy couldn't help but focus on the sharpness of her icy-blue eyes. It suited her porcelain skin well, which contrasted against her brown blacken hair. Her thickish round eyebrows and the only makeup she wore..mascara and a touch of pinkish red lipstick.

Stacy's attention flickered to the circle of students nearby Claudia. The circle had been involving Claudia in their discussion, yet never bothered to wait for an answer or confirm she had been listening. It seemed Claudia had been tuning them out for awhile now. Claudia mimicked Stacy, following her eyes to the circle before returning to hers.

The girl oozed intimidation, even if she hadn't been outspokenly beautiful. But perhaps that had been due to that displeasured expression. She felt unapproachable, especially with her stiff posture. Her one foot rested against the wall and her other hand tugged a textbook towards her side.

Their shared stare came to an ending once a pair of noisy voices echoing down the hall caught Stacy's attention.

"S-Stacy!?" A deep boyish voice rung through the hall.

Her eyes barely squinted at the source. A six foot, board shoulder teenager with a football in his left hand. It was Louis. His blonde hair fairly messy with his bangs brushing his eyebrows. With a stunned expression, he released the girl aside him from a headlock, 5'5 foot ginger. Stacy could only remember one girl he roughhoused that way with, Riley.

********************************

            Somewhere in the vicinity of the school grounds, Stacy stood opposite Riley and Louis. Her brow was furrowed as a silence took over after their chat. Neither of them knew... they had no idea Stacy had returned home. And worse, they didn't even know Jenny and her had kept in contact ever since she had gone aboard. Stacy had assumed Jenny would have given them updates at least.. wouldn't that have been expected?

"I mean.. didn't you ever ask her about me?" Stacy crossed her arms, and fought off the urge to frown.

Riley and Louis exchanged hesitant glances. And this time, it was Riley who spoke up. "Maybe if I had know..but Jennifer and us don't do much talking anymore," Riley suddenly huffed, an expression of annoyance flashing across her face, "But—you know, why am I surprised?! This is so typical."

At that outburst, Stacy's arms slowly fell to her sides. "What? Typical.. of Jenny?!"

"Oh please!" Riley nearly laugh to Stacy's bewilderment, "You don't know?! She's a bitch!"

Jenny?
Stacy's mind glued to the word as Riley rambled on. Her eyes purposely made contact with Louis, observing his expression. His lips remained sealed as though he couldn't argue with the truth. Riley spoke quick and cryptic, which caused Stacy struggled to understand her point. Something about a girl named Claudia, the soccer team and Hector. Truth be told, Riley felt conflict whether to tell Stacy this at all.

But rather than focus on what Riley explained, Stacy thought of Jenny. And her lips pressed harshly together.

Why am listening to this? Jenny is my best friend...

"Louis...don't you think that lying asshole—"

"Oh screw you Riley!" Stacy snapped, catching the pair off guard, "Really?!" her eyes harden on Riley who pursed her lips, "I can't listen to this anymore. Jenny is not like that.."

Stacy adverted her eyes to a nearby tree.

"Fine! Then I'll warn you," Riley spat, "There's a reason, even her cousin, isn't sticking up for her. In fact, have you seen her today? —Yeah, don't count on it."

Author's note: I have to admit, this part gave me a rough time! So if you're wondering why the delay, that'd be why. Also the fact I did go on vacation and I didn't have access to internet. So I decide to make this page shorter to avoid delaying any longer and publish it from here.

On another note, there might be more delays like this in the story because I'm trying to focus on the quality rather than speed. Sorry about the delay.