Chapter Sixty-Two

Começar do início

"Oh you poor child." Luna smiles, sweetly, "Flitterblooms don't even exist."

"What?!" Diana shrieks, immediately propping herself up on her elbows, "You lied to me?!"

"Obviously." Luna scoffs, "I wasn't going to tell a stranger what was actually in those bottles."

"What was in them?" A sense of apprehension takes over her expression.

"Nothing." Luna suddenly looks very interested in the ceiling above them.

"Luna—" Diana warns, "I swear to God—"

"Glitter." Luna interrupts her, rolling her eyes, "I sold some body glitter on the side for extra gold. Umbridge banned it temporarily because it was a nuisance and well.....lack of supply creates demand....so you could say the black market just started itself."

"So you're telling me—" Diana sounds out the words slowly, "That I've been living with a gold digger, possible criminal and master seductress for the past few months?"

"Hey, nothing illegal happened." Luna holds up her hands in defense.

Diana groans, burying her face in the pillow beneath her. There's a few moments where she sighs, pausing for dramatic effect. Then Diana raises her head again, shaking her streaked hair out of her face before she gives Luna a fearful look, "You scare me."

"And you love me for it." Luna smiles. She reaches out to brush a strand of purple hair away from Diana's face and even as her fingertips just barely graze her cheekbone, Diana can feel the warmth laced in her touch.

The sunlight shifts and splinters through the blinds, and for a second, Luna's argentine eyes are lit up with sparks of silver. It's as if her soul is suddenly shining through her skin. Alive, bright and magical. Just for a moment, three words cross her mind. Words that Diana's never dared to say before. But then, something within her draws back, retreating back into that dark corner she'd buried it in previously. An entirely different phrase leaves her lips, "Don't flatter yourself."

There's a moment in which both of their breaths hitch, a moment where a hint of vulnerability crosses Luna's expression as she looks at Diana with surprise etched all over her features. Then, Luna drags her arms around Diana's neck before resting her head on the taller girl's shoulder, "You're cute when you're argumentative."

"Oh, for the love of god—" Diana sputters, heat creeping over her cheeks as Luna giggles. She groans in frustration, placing her hands over her face, "You can't say things like that and expect me not to blush."

"I say things like that because you blush." Luna snickers, playfully elbowing Diana in the ribs.

"I hate you, " Diana groans, staring up at the ceiling in exasperation.

"You two are.....cozy." Clary's voice floats over from the other side of the room, and Diana looks up in shock to find her and Maya paused in the doorway, their eyes scrutinizing Luna's snuggled up figure next to Diana.

"When did you two come in?" Diana immediately sits up, almost throwing Luna off of her at the force with she rises. The Ravenclaw manages to re-orient herself in time, immediately straightening her clothes as she avoids the eyes of the Gryffindors.

"Just now, " The corner of Maya's mouth turns up as she examines the two blondes before her, "But you can leave if we were....interrupting something."

"We were just braiding hair, " Luna points to the now askew braid gracing her hair.

"Horizontally?" Clary raises a suspicious eyebrow.

"It's the new trend." Diana nods, playing along.

Clary's mouth trembles, as if she's trying not to laugh, "You know, if you two are dating, you're doing a very bad job of hiding it."