Chapter 6: Just Us

Miles slammed his bedroom door and kicked off his Jordan's. He leaned on the door and sighed, "Two months. They can't ground me, I'm Spider-Man!" He took off his jacket and threw it on the bed.

Walking to his bed, he stumbled upon his open sketchbook. Not just any sketchbook.

That sketchbook.

Melody's sketchbook.

He skimmed through the pages, smiling at the beautiful masterpiece that isn't just his art but Melody herself. Miles felt bad for shutting Melody out. She always just wants to help him out, putting him first.

He closed the sketchbook and put on his headphones and lied down. He drowned in the world of music in his ears, letting go off his troubles and thoughts.

Suddenly, he felt something cold and metallic touching his arm. For some reason, the first thing he thought about was his uncle. He jolted and sat up, catching his breath. "Morales, relax! It's just me!" Melody said putting her hands up. Miles let out a huge sigh of relief. "How long were you in here?" "Not too long, I just came here. The door was locked so I just climbed through your window," Melody shrugged. 'How does she make that sound so normal...'

Melody sat next to him on the edge of his bed, "I just wanted to check on you...if you think I'm pushing your boundaries I can lea-" Miles cut her off, "No, no. I'm sorry for how I talked to you...I would never put my frustrations out on you like that." "Hey, I know, don't worry. You were just frustrated, that's all. I understand." Melody reached out her hand to his shoulder, comforting Miles.

Melody had an idea. "You still up for that swing?" She asked, walking to the window. "Mel, you know I'm grounded...I can't." Miles sighed. A swing around the city with Melody was just what he needed. They both knew that. Melody sat on the window ledge, "Hm. Bummer."

She then leaned back and back-rolled outside the window, startling Miles. Miles stumbled frantically out of bed and ran to the window. He looked out just to make sure she was okay. "Awh, you care about me! Qué mono (how cute)," Melody cooed at Miles teasingly. Miles furrowed his brows, trying to not be flustered, "Did you just call me cute?" Ignoring his question, Melody asked, "So, is Spider-Man grounded?" Miles thought about it, rolled his eyes, then chuckled at Melody. She had a point. "Aight, you got me. Give me a sec to chang-" "Last one to the top of Royal Bank building buys the winner BuckStars!" "Aye, not fair!"

After two minutes, Miles finally made it to the Royal Bank building, panting. "What took you so long, Morales?" Melody teased. "Shut...up..." Miles panted as he took off his mask to catch his breath.

Miles and Melody observed their surroundings. Pastel sunset skies, tall buildings masking the horizon, the echoes of loud cars passing by. Nothing new for them, really. But, the only thing that could've been reflected on Miles' eyes was Melody. Who needs the beauty of New York when Melody exists? Definitely not Miles.

"Lemme know when you're done catching your breath, I've got something to show you," Melody chimed, still looking at the city. She swung off again, "Keep up if you can!" Miles yelled as he swung behind her, "CAN YOU WAIT?! JESUS-"

As the Spider-Duo swung around the city, they picked up BuckStars coffees, interacted with a few passerby fans, and even kicked some random burglar's ass for funzies. And Miles couldn't be happier.

Close to their destination, Miles swung as usual, bending his back ever so slightly. Which, revealed a heart shaped out on the back of his suit. Since Melody was swinging behind him now, she saw this and smiled behind her mask, proud at the fact that she was actually the one who suggested that he do that to his new suit. It definitely showed how much he cared about her-

"MELODY, WATCH OUT THERE'S AN INCOMING TRA-"

Melody came to her senses and screamed as she collided with a moving train. "MIERDA, MILES, ¿POR QUÉ NO DIJISTE ALGO ANTES? (SHIT- MILES WHY DIDNT YOU SAY SOMETHINT SOONER)"

Miles took a second to laugh before following the train to help Melody.