Chapter 4: (Spider)Man VS Reality

Miles ran back into his dorm room, meeting Ganke again who didn't move since he saw him the first time. "I think your guy got away!" Ganke stated the obvious. "Thanks, I'm on it," Miles sarcastically replied, quickly taking off his school uniform into his spider-suit.

"You seem really stressed," Ganke claimed.
"I agree!"
"Your suit's stretched really thin, I-"
"Yeah, thanks for the tip-" Miles shouted as he swung out the window and immediately got hit by a thrown ATM.

Jeff scrambled outside BVA, talking to Rio on the phone. He jumped when the ATM and Miles landed on his car. "Spider-Man!" Jeff gasped. "Officer- I mean, Officer Morales!" Miles called back, deepening his voice. "What's going on here? Where's Ghost-Spider?" Jeff asked, helping Miles get up.

Before Miles could answer, Melody shouted from above, trying to hold on to The Spot with her webs, "Over here, Officer Morales! WOAH-"

Melody went flying to the school statue, which damaged a little bit, then across the road while Jeff and Miles ran to her from below. "Hey! My kid and his best friend goes here, man! I'm on the PTA, you know how much lemon bars I gotta make for that?!" Jeff shouted to Melody.

Still holding on to The Spot, Melody backflipped to the ground, pulling him down with her. "Don't worry, Officer Morales. We got thi-AHHH" Melody screamed as a black hole opened up underneath her and The Spot. Miles quickly shot a web at Melody, dragging him down the hole too.

The three of them teleported in different parts of the block. "You left in the middle of a fight!" The Spot argued, trying to get a hold of Miles. Melody punched him as he got closer.
"AH-You are so inconsiderate, and super rude! And a little bit cocky." The Spot continued trying to get to Miles. They stumbled out of a black hole onto the road. Melody tried to catch her breath while Miles ran to hold down The Spot. "You got me agreeing with the bad guy right now!" Jeff chimed in, following the two heroes.

Miles, Melody and Jeff ran over to hold The Spot down. "Bad guy? He's barely the villain of the week!" Miles joked. "What did you just call me?" The Spot asked before creating a black hole beneath the four of them.

They moved around different areas of the city until they made it to Alchemax. "Of course we're back here," The Spot muttered.

"You know, you're just like my son!" Jeff stated. "I am? I-I mean, that's so silly, I- imagine that." Miles awkwardly replied, making his voice deeper.

Melody's laugh quickly disappeared when The Spot lunged at them. Miles pushed Jeff out of the way, letting him and Melody take the hit from The Spot. The Spot pushed them into another black hole.

"-crucible of our connection!" The Spot shouted, while falling into multiple holes with the Spider-Duo. "Hey, don't try to wow us with big words now." Melody chimed in. "Yeah, I do crosswords everyday!" Miles added.

A black hole appeared in front of Jeff, tempting him to jump in and join the fight.

He inhaled.

He exhaled.

He got ready to jump.

And....

He took the stairs.

Like father, like son, I suppose.

The Spider-Duo and The Spot fell to the floor, with Miles under The Spot and Melody on top of him. The Spot held Miles' face as he spoke, "Is it all coming back to you?" "What is he talking about?!" Melody asked Miles. "I don't know! Miles yelled back. The Spot turned Miles' head to the broken collider next to them, "The creation event!"

They finally fell to the ground, with Jeff following shortly after. "Destiny brought us here! You see it now, don't you? I AM-" The Spot asked, throwing holes at Miles and Melody. Miles replied while back flipping in the air, "I-I really don't. What 'bout you, Ghostie?" Melody did the same, "Nope, not a clue. Wait- 'Ghostie' is so cute!"