𝟢𝟦𝟣,𝐢 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐚 𝐭𝐢𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬

Start from the beginning

In the morning, she wakes up before him. Feels how high her body temperature is under these sheets, not even talking about the warmth coming off him. Feels the need to shower. Feels how tangled her hair is, and how her neck is a tad sore.

Yet nothing convinces her to get up.

With an exhale, she watches him for a while. Relaxation is spread over his face. Features are soft. Eyes not narrowed, but peacefully closed. Lips not pressed together, but slightly open, allowing soft breaths out. Face not tensed, but at ease. Jaw not clenched, just loose.

It all sends a warm, fuzzy feeling into her stomach, and it grows to her cheeks, which turn red.

She scoots closer, readjusting his arm so it's even tighter around her torso, and kisses his cheek.

"And you say that I'm adorable."

His sudden voice causes her to jump, and if he hadn't been holding her that tightly, she would've fallen off the bed. "You could've told me you're awake!"

A smile forms on his lips, eyes squinting. "I could've."

"Should've."

"Would've, if you didn't look that cute."

The blush on her cheeks increase. "Cheesy."

"You love it."

"I do," she breathes out. Snuggling closer, Joan closes her eyes at his touch. Kissing might be awesome, but having nails run from your scalp to bare back is even better. "Mhm. This is gonna be a good day, I know it."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah. Waking up by your side automatically means it's gonna be a good day. Don't you think?"

"I think that every day I get to talk to you, touch you, or see you is a good day."

"So you have a good day everyday."

"Yes. As long as you're there, for sure," he mumbles in her hair, kissing her head, then temple, and nose. "You smell good."

"I stole your shampoo."

He hums. "And you made vanilla body cream."

"True. You want it, too?"

"No. I only want to smell it on you. So I'll get used to it, but not on me. It'll remind me of you and you only."

Her whole face is red by now, and she has to stop herself from squealing. Instead, she smiles so brightly that her cheekbones hurt.

"Ow."

"What?"

"You just kicked me. But don't worry—"

"Oh, sorry," she peeps.

Mental note, only kick your feet when you're alone after a boy you like (and love) just said something very cute.

"It's alright." Gally rolls over a bit, stretching his back with a groan, then pulls her against his side again. "Good morning, by the way, woman." Then, "Gosh, I really need a better nickname."

"Why? I like woman."

"Need something cuter."

"You're saying women aren't cute?"

"No—"

"Sexist."

He purses his lips together, but then they break into a smile. "I mean, basically you're the only woman I find cute, but you're likely not eighteen yet, so I am able to say women aren't cute because you're actually a girl. But anyway— you know what I mean. Just a cute nickname."

"I thought you don't do cute. And—"

"I do."

"Well, that's a change—"

"You're cute."

While laughing, she rolls her eyes. "I mean, you act tough around the others, so you wouldn't even call me that in front of them, would you?"

"I would. I'll never be ashamed about something with you. They can go shuck themselves."

Butterflies make her stomach twist. "Alright."

"Sunshine?"

"Hm, I don't know. Love?"

"Newt would say that and I absolutely don't want to do whatever Newt does."

"Darling?"

He pulls a face.

"I don't know— baby? Sweetheart? There's many things. Sweetie? Honey?"

"Fry has called you honey. Funny, by the way. Of course it's related to food."

She laughs. "Yeah. But what for you? Hammer? Saw?"

He smiles, too. "Definitely not. Sweetheart's good, though."

"Sure. But it's weird now. Picking out a nickname. They'd have to go naturally."

"We'll see."