Chapter Twenty Six.

Começar do início

"Lucia, we're home!" I hear Luke's voice.

"In the kitchen!" I call back. He comes in and stops when he sees Calum.

"Hey Calum, what are you doing here?" Luke asks putting his car keys on the key rack. Calum shifts uncomfortably.

"I-I just needed to get out of the house, everyone was bugging me" he finally says, Luke nods.

"Well, it's good to see you mate" he smiles hugging him quickly.

"Yeah... you too" Calum smiles. Why did he seem so uncomfortable?

"Lucia! Uncle Luke took me to the fair!" Scarlet exclaims making us laugh.

"He did?! Uncle Luke is amazing!" I smile, she nods quickly.

"He's the bestest uncle Luke ever!" She squeals hugging Luke's legs. We all laugh and she pulls away smiling widely.

-

Since it's getting late and Luke and Calum had a couple of beers. Calum's staying over. "Guys, I'm going to put Scarlet to bed" I smile, they nod before getting back into conversation.

"But I'm not tired" Scarlet frowns when I pick her up.

"It's late though, you need your sleep" I tell her, she nods. I tuck her into the bed and she yawns making me laugh. "You are tired" I say brushing her hair out of her face. She giggles.
"Will I read you a story?" I ask, she nods.

"Calum likes you" she says as I look at the books on the shelves. My head snaps towards her.

"Of course he does, he's my friend" I laugh picking up a book. I sit beside her and she shakes her head.

"He told me" she says, my eyebrows furrow.

"Where?"

"When you and uncle Luke were in the lounge, he brought me to the kitchen and told me that he liked you" she whispers.

"Well, Scarlet. He likes me as a friend, now will I read the book?" I ask, she nods.

After Scarlet falls asleep, I walk out of her room into the hall where I see Calum going into the guest bedroom. "Oh hey Lucia" he smiles walking towards me. He's kind of drunk, not hangover drunk though.

"Hey Calum" I smile, all of a sudden he pulls me into a hug making me laugh. "Calum what are you doing?"

"I'm just happy to see you" he smiles when he pulls away, I laugh and look around.

"Where's Luke?" I ask.

"I don't know. Maybe he's gone to bed" he shrugs, I nod.

"Goodnight Calum" I smile about to walk to my bedroom, but he grabs my arm, I look back.

"Lucia... I need to tell you something" he says.

"Yeah? What is it?" I ask curious, he sighs.

"Lucia, I really l-"

"Lucia, is Scarlet sleeping?" Luke interrupts, coming into the hall from the kitchen.

"Um, yeah she is" I smile, he frowns going into our bedroom. I turn back to Calum. "What was that?"

"I really l... you know what? It doesn't matter anymore, goodnight" he kisses my cheek, going back to the guest room.

I walk to the other side of the hall, to my bedroom but I hear a crash in the lounge. I have to catch this son of a bitch. I run into the lounge, seeing the silhouette of a person. "Hey!" I shout turning on the lights. He jumps up making my eyes widen. "Vincenzo! What the fuck are you doing here!" I exclaim. Calum and Luke race into the lounge seeing Vincenzo.

"What are you doing here?!" Luke shouts, Vinenzo looks at me, he grabs my arm.

"Lucia's coming with me!" He yells, I pull away from him.

"I am not!" I scream, Luke punches Vincenzo, obviously knocking him out. He opens the door throwing Vincenzo's unconscious body outside, Calum laughs. We both look at him.

"What? He was like a dummy" he says, walking back into the hall to go to his room.

Ashley...

I wake up when my phone starts to ring. I answer it, slowly. "Hello?" I ask, my voice was discusting and croaky.

"Ashley?" I hear Cameron's voice making me snap awake, he sounded worried.

"Cameron? What's wrong?" I ask, he was breathing heavily.

"I-I think I have been kidnapped.... I called you first because you're the first person in my contacts. I don't know why I didn't call the police. I'm sorry for bothering you Ashley, I'll call them now" he says quickly.

"No wait!" I exclaim. "Don't call the police, I'll... I'll get you" I say. "Where are you?"

"I'm in the trunk of a car" he tells me.

"I'll find you" I say and hang up. I jump out my window and run to Cameron's house. I grab a T-shirt, trying to be as quiet as I can. I sniff it, to get his smell and I start my sniffing journey. Calum thought home how to sniff...

A few minutes later I hear shouting in a house. There was nothing around just trees. The road was growing grass telling me cars haven't been driving on this road for a while. I run inside the house, hearing a male and female voice. "Cameron!" I call.

I hear him shout but it's muffled. His mouth's probably covered, I follow the noise and break into a room. Cameron was tied to a chair. No one else was in the room.

"Cameron" I say running over to him. He shouts something, but had tape on his mouth so I couldn't understand. The next thing I remember is feeling hands on my head and everything going black.

-

My eyes flicker open slowly, hearing a female voice. "We're going to get your girlfriend out of this room and then we're going to kill you" she says, I hear Cameron gasp.

I get up, trying not to groan in pain so this woman won't know I'm awake. I look over to Cameron, who's eyes were shut in pain as the woman slowly stuck a knife into his thigh. I leave the room. "Where is she?!" The woman exclaims, I hear her footsteps walk towards the door, I hide beside the doorframe. When I see a bit of her hand I jump in front of her, snapping her neck.

"I'm sorry" I say to her, I've never killed someone before. I run up to Cameron who's eyes were wide. I rip the tape off of his mouth making him wince.

"How are you still alive? I seen that man snap your neck" he asks, while I break the rope, letting him free. "How are you so strong?!"

"Just come on" I say dragging him out of the house. I shove him into the car in the drive way and I drive us back to his house. He doesn't leave the car.

"Please answer me Ashley" he begs, looking at me.

"I-I can't" I whisper, he sighs.

"Ashley!" He shouts making me jump. "Please"

"Cameron, no. I can't!" I say, he sighs and shakes his head.

"Fine then, don't bother talking to me in school" he says, opening the car door.

"Cameron, please don't do t-"

"Bye Ashley" he leaves.

"Fuck!" I whack the steering wheel. I turn the car back on and drive to the nearest river, dumping the car into it.

I go home, where Ivory looks at me. "Where were you?" She asks, I sigh.

"I really don't want to talk" I say going back to bed and falling asleep.