six.

narrative

narrative.

rain flickered off the window as kayla slept. thunder has boomed causing her to stir awake. she slightly panicked as she looked at her surroundings. she then realized that she spent the night at leo's house. she tapped around to find her phone as she found it near the pillow. the time had read 7:35 am. it wasn't unusual for kayla to wake up earlier than everyone in the house.

she swung her legs off the bed as she seen leo's long figure, asleep on the couch near the bed. she looked in awe as he peacefully inhaled and exhaled. she walked into the connected bathroom to view her appearance. her phone was dead as she did her business. she connected it to the charger which turned on minutes later.

her notifications consisted of dayvon and benji continuously texting her asking where she was. even though, they literally shared locations with her. she shot them a quick text as she laid back down. she wanted to leave but didn't want to leave aburtly. she looked down to see leo still asleep.

she got up to find her jacket as a voice spoke. "why you leavin so soon?" he asked. she looked over to see his eyes still shut. "u-uh i didn't know you were awake." she stammered. damn bitch is he making you that nervous shit? she thought.

"you ain't answer my question." he said as he sat up, grabbing his phone off the counter. "why you leaving so soon kayla?" he asked as he sat on the bed, not even making eye contact. "i didn't want to overstay. i kinda accidentally spent the night." she said lowly.

"you ain't overstay nun, i got an extra brush under the cabinet. ima make breakfast." he said as he walked out the room, not even waiting for an answer. for some reason, she obeyed. usually, she would have just left or put up a fight but she didn't.

she brushed her teeth & headed downstairs after she was done. Pound Cake by Drake played as leo made breakfast. something made her feel comforted around his presence. it was very early to say but she was feeling him. however, she didn't know if this was in her plans.

she was only 20 & life was going great for her. her clothing brand was taking off, she was doing very well in school. what if this ruined things for her? kayla had her fair share of relationships & they weren't her cup of tea. she began very independent at a young age, not wanting to depend on anyone, other than her brother.

"kayla!" she shook out her thoughts to see leo serving her the plates. "yea?" she asked. "i've been calling your name for the past 2 minutes, you coo?" he sat next to her as he placed a piece of bacon in his mouth. "yea, i was just thinking." she said as she grabbed a fork and placed the food in her mouth.

the egg melted into your taste buds as you smiled. your phone began ringing as the contact name flashed. leo was too deep into his show to realize her get up from the table. "hello?" she walked into the empty bathroom. "kay. von is tweaking the fuck out." benji whispered. she could hear von yelling the background.

"fuck, okay i'm on my way over there." you said as you hung up. you walked out as you put on your shoes. "yo? you straight?" he asked as you rushed to find your jacket. "yeah, i gotta go. thank you for the food." she said as she grabbed her keys. "wait-" the door shut.

"ian even get shorty number bra." he sighed as he finished his breakfast. he wanted to make sure she were okay but she was in such a hurry. what could possibly be wrong? was it him? who knows? he couldn't do anything but let things be.

meanwhile, kayla was speeding her way home. she knew this was serious because dayvon wasn't the type to tweak over anything. at a young age, he was diagnosed with bipolar disorder, in which if he didn't take his medication, he was at a high risk of an episode.

even when he did take his medication, it was the small things that could tick him off that could cause him an episode. so, something must've happened. lately, he had it under control so what could have happened?

in the midst of thinking, nyla was calling. she answered as it automatically connected to her bluetooth. "hello?" she spoke. "yeah where you at?" nyla asked. "i'm o. my way home, benji called that von is tweaking." she said, pulling up to the driveway. "oh shit, i'm on my way." she said as she hung up.

nyla had been around kayla enough to know these type of situations. they knew the drill. kayla got out her car and closed her door as she jogged up to the front door. she opened the door & could hear glass breaking. "nah fuck allat bro!" glass could be seen thrown across the room.

tierra followed behind kayla as they walked into the kitchen to see it a filthy mess. "hey hey, what's going on?" kayla shouted as von looked back at her. the frightened look on their faces made his heart melt as he just stood there, tears falling down his face.

kayla rushed over to her brother & embraced him. he sobbed into her neck as she rubbed his back. "fuck bra, i'm just so sick of this shit kay." he sobbed. benji had came out and witnessed what was going on. tears filled her eyes as she listened to his sobs.

she hated seeing him so broken. dayvon always had a slight mug or a small smile whenever he was around. however, he was hurting. he never wanted to talk about it but his ptsd was only growing more & more from his childhood. he would have recurring flashbacks of the abuse he endured.

in fear that the same man who claimed to be their father would come back. after sometime, he had calmed down. kayla, benji & von were all in one room, just waiting from von to say something.

"what happened dayvon?" kayla softly spoke. von looked up at his little sister. his head dropped as he rethought about the words he was about to speak. "hm?" she asked, searching for an answer in his eyes.

"dad called."

(👩🏽‍💻) ..

what do yall think he wants? i hope yall enjoy this chapter & VOTE & COMMENT!

excuse any mistakes as well!

i hope everyone fasting or participating in Ramadan has a safe & successful ramadan! ❤️