five.

narrative

narrative.

on the car ride back, it was comfortable for the both of them. they made a couple stops to get food before heading back. as kayla began to warm up to leo, he felt at ease. he never had that. this is abnormal if anything. "so you just be dressing all the time or what?" he asked as he pulled up to a red light.

"nah, not all the time. you think i'm dressed right now?" she chuckled. he didn't say anything as she laughed. "man this is something calm. nothing too crazy." she chuckled.

"you fly as hell though." he commented as he was pulling up to the house. "i appreciate it leo." she smiled. it's almost like he got lost in her eyes when she cleared her throat. "uh, let's go inside." she said as she gathered her things & headed to the door.

"damn." he mumbled. he quickly followed behind her & unlocked the door. they entered to hear a movie playing from the living room. nyla was cuddled up against ty's chest as they turned their heads to the door. "we back." leo said as he placed a couple woods on the table.

"took yall niggas long enough." ty muttered as he grabbed the packets. kayla went to near nyla as leo spoke. "kay, you tryna smoke on the balcony wit me?" she nodded as she took off her shoes. she followed him upstairs as she admired their place.

everything was decorated beautifully. they walked into leo's room and seen a balcony outside. the view was beautiful as the sunset lit the sky.

right my wrongs by bryson tiller
is now playing...

he began to gather the weed as kayla sat near him. she took the time to analyze his features. his locs hung over his face as he unraveled the wood. in a swift, he had already rolled the the blunt for them both.

"whatchu kno bout bryson?" she smirked. "who don't know bout bryson? youn think i listen to him?" he chuckled. "nah, i would have never assumed you as the type." she smiled. her smile was something leo could never get tired of.

it reminded him so much of peace & happiness. "i got a lot of shit that would come off as a surprise." he said. she looked off in the sunset as the music played in the background. "so tell me bout yourself kay." he said as he took a swing of the blunt.

"uhm, i'm 20 & a clothing brand owner. i have a 2 brothers & i'm a junior in college." she replied. he nodded as he took in what she said. "what about yourself?" she said as he passed the blunt to her. "i'm 21 & my real name leon. i like to paint, i'ma senior in college." she nodded as he stared at her appearance.

her skin glowed in the sunset as he noticed her face tat. "how many tats you got?" he blurted. "i got a lot." she took off her jacket that revealed her arm sleeve. "i got all these, some on my back, a couple on my legs & couple on my feet." she said. "damn you got pictures of em?" he asked as she pulled out her phone.

she pulled them up as he looked in amazement. "so you had uh tap out sesh or sum?" he looked as he zoomed in. her tattoos were in such great detail that he couldn't look away. "what this say?" he said as he zoomed into the roman numbers on her back. "that's my mom passing date." she said lowly.

"oh shit, i'm sorry for yo loss." he looked up as he seen her body language change. "no no, it's fine. you didn't know." she softly smiled. "what do this one mean?" he pointed to the planet near her elbow. "it's jupiter, it's the planet for sagittarius." she said as he admired her.

kayla never had nobody so invested in your tattoos before. "oh so you into that zodiac shit?" he chuckled. "not necessarily but it's cool to know about my sign." she said as she exhaled the smoke. "enough about mines, what does yours mean?" she asked.

"i got this eye, see no evil with fear God." he spoke as he raised the sleeve of his tee. "it's so hard." she said as she grazed her fingertips against his skin. by this time, they were on cloud 9. when leo was high, he liked to talk a lot. "kayla, you so pretty bra." he smiled as he held eye contact with her.

"ion even talk much but i genuinely fw you already & i barely kno you." that was one of leo's love languages. he loved words of affirmation. he loved telling people how he felt & reassuring others that he wanted. she wrapped her arms around him. she didn't say anything but nod.

"use your words mama." he stared at her. "i don't know what to say forreal, this new to me." she looked off. "but i like how this is going." he nodded as he took in what she said. it made him feel good that they were on the same page. he felt at ease. he never really felt that.

he usually liked being on his own or alone in his own space. kayla being around didn't feel off or overwhelming. it just feel like another kind aura around him. "we don't gotta rush nun, it's us kay." he said as he stared down at her.

as she was talking, she began to doze off on his word. her arms still wrapped around his neck as light snores were released. leo smiled as he checked his phone. it was around 2 am & he began to sober up. he gently carried her to his bed. he set her down as she curled into a ball.

he smiled at the gesture. he stood there & began to think. 'she coo.' he thought. he walked into the living room to see the tv off. he guessed that nyla & tyriq headed off to his room. he sat at the kitchen island & just smiled at the moment that occurred.

leo hadn't been in love with anyone before in his life. with the life he had lived, he didn't have time for love. he was so involved with everything else that he didn't have time for a partner. it would be too much stress on him. however, he thought of the time he had spent with kayla.

the calm & pure genuineness that flowed between the both of them offered him comfort to the thought. he grabbed his extra blanket from his closet & made a bed on the floor. he made sure the doors were locked & you were tucked in before he closed his eyes.

(👩🏽‍💻)..

kayla & leo are becoming comfortable with one another  & i love it. don't worry, i'll be including multiple povs in the book. tati was introduced & whew chile, the roller coaster is soon to begin. i hope you all enjoy this chapter tho!

VOTE + COMMENT!

don't be no ghost reader.. say something