Jealousy-Aventurine x reader fluff

Start from the beginning

But when she did leave, he came back to you, his eyes glued on yours.

"I hope you didn't think I was having lunch with a woman." He gave you a sheepish grin. When he noticed the twinge of jealousy on your face, he grew more anxious.

"You must think I went out on a date with her," he said in a low voice, stepping closer to you. "I swear that wasn't the case, I was only telling her about the big win last night."

It was so obvious he was so eager, even excited, to spend lunch with you. He couldn't stop grinning as he led you outside, holding your hand so tightly it almost squeezed one of your fingers. So you decided to play a harmless prank on him.

"We should eat at..." you said before pausing to make him lean down toward you so you could whisper your suggestion. But instead, you let go of his hands and flashed a smug smile. "Oops, I forgot, I've got to go home early."

He stood paralyzed, his face scrunched up as he tried to register what just happened. "Wait, where are you going?" he called out, his purple eyes narrowing. But you just waved goodbye as a smirk formed on your lips. "See you later."

As you left, his mouth opened and shut. The grin on his face quickly turned into a frown. He let a curse escape his lips, but you were already gone.

What kind of a cruel joke was this? Why would you agree to have lunch with me, only to ditch me in the last minute? What was the point?

The man was left so utterly confused.

Ratio will help him!Ratio just sighed and told he's stupid and left.

It was quite clear what Ratio was hinting at and for a moment, Aventurine thought the other man might have been right. Perhaps you were only playing with him. But he couldn't wrap his head around the thought of you teasing him like that.

As he sat back in his chair, he thought about what to do. After a while, he decided it would be best to confront you directly and get to the bottom of all this.

Aventurine opened his phone and sent you a message: You free tonight?

The phone vibrated once again. You could just feel his exasperation from the few words he sent.

And why not?

His question was blunt and direct, his eyes glued to the screen, waiting for you to answer. You took a quick glance around to make sure no one could watch as you replied.

Aventurine would never admit it to another soul, but your refusal did affect him a little. He wasn't used to people not giving in to his charm. But instead of becoming upset, he decided to take a different approach. If he couldn't have you on his arms through sweet words and convincing flattery, he would appeal to you through material gain.

And so he typed another reply: *How about I offer you 50% of my win, last night. It comes to two million credits. But you have to go on the date with me.*

Your hand quickly flew to your mouth. Two million credits seemed to good to pass up. Your thoughts were immediately flooded with the things you could buy if you accepted the offer. You'd be so rich!

With a flick of your finger, you clicked 'accept' on the screen. Your reply was quick as you typed in: Deal.

As Aventurine saw the notification popped up on his screen, a flicker of disappointment spread across his eyes before he quickly masked it. His heart was sinking as he realized you were the one using him right now.

He was prepared to win you over with sweet words and his charm, but all the attraction he built up vanished so quickly, when you accepted the deal. Your reply was not what he expected at all, and he felt rejected, even used by you.