Part 2: S.H.I.E.L.D compromised

After the mission Steve and Y/n made their way to Nicks office. "You just can't stop yourself from lying can you?" Steve said.

"I didn't lie. Agent Romanoff had a different mission than yours." Nick said.

"Which you didn't feel obliged to share."

"I'm not an obliged to do anything." Nick shot back.

"Those hostages could've died, Nick."

"I sent the greatest soldier and superhero in history to make sure that didn't happen." Nick said turning around.

"Soldiers trust each other that's what makes it an army. Not a bunch of guys running around shooting guns."

"Last time I trusted someone I lost an eye." Nick said getting up from his chair.

(Blud trusted a cat and lost his eye 💀)

"Look, I didn't want you doing anything you two weren't comfortable with. Agent Romanoff is comfortable with everything." Nick said.

"Regardless, if one thing went wrong, those hostages could've died and this whole mission would've been for nothing." Y/n said.

"That's why I sent you to make sure that didn't happen cause I knew you wouldn't have let anyone die." Nick said.

"But we can't lead a mission. When the people we're leading have missions of their own." Steve said.

"It's called compartmentalization. Nobody spills the secrets because nobody knows them all."

"Except you."

"You're wrong about me. I do share. I'm nice like that."

~~

Nick, Steve, and Y/n get in the elevator. "Insight bay." Nick said to the AI in the elevator.

"Captain Rogers and Spider-Man does not have clearance for project insight." The AI said.

"Director override Fury, Nicholas J." The elevator then started to head down.

"You know, they used to play music." Steve said about how elevators play music.

"Yeah. My grandfather operated one of these things for 40 years. Granddad worked in a nice building. Got good tips. He'd walk home every night, a roll of ones stuff in his lunch bag. He'd say "hi" people would say, "hi" back. Time went on, the neighborhood got rougher. He'd say "hi" they'd say "keep on stepping" granddad got to gripping that lunch bag a little tighter." Nick said explaining what his granddad had done.

"Did he ever get mugged?" Y/n asked.

"Every week some punk would say, "what's in the bag?"

"What would he do." Steve said.

"He'd show them. Bunch of crumpled ones and reloaded 22 magnum. Yeah, granddad loved people. But he didn't trust them very much." Nick said looking through.

Steve and Y/n looked through the glass and saw three large carriers with weapons. "Yeah I know. They're a little bit bigger that a .22." Once the elevator reached the bottom they walked around looking at the ships.

"This is project insight. Three next-generation helicarriers synced to a network of targeting satellites."

"Launched from the lemurian star."

"Once we get them in the air, they never need to come down. Continuous sub-orbital flights. Courtesy of our new repulsor engines." Nick said.

"Stark?"