It said, “I know what happened to your brother.” It was in really messy handwriting. 

“Is this some kind of joke?” I said getting slightly angry.

“I don’t know Nate.” She said her voice getting really quiet and scared.

“Hey, everything is going to be okay.” I said hugging her. 

“But, how did they find out?!” She slightly yelled into my shirt.

“I don’t know.” I said softly.

“My parents tried so hard not to let this get out. They said they wouldn’t be taken seriously and everyone would have hated me because I was the reason he died.” She said sobbing into my shirt. 

“Shh.. It’s going to be okay. They probably just wanted to scare you, whoever it was.” I said rubbing her back and kissing her forehead. 

She was about to say something back when the timer went off for the waffles. Dang, it’s already been 15 minutes?

“Okay. Let’s go into the kitchen so I can get the waffles out.” I said lacing my fingers through hers and leading her into the kitchen. 

As we walked into the kitchen, I could feel her shaking. Pained I walked over to the waffle maker and took out the waffle. Then poured more batter in. I walked back over to her and put my hand on her face, softly. 

“W-What if they tell everyone.” She said, her voice wavering.

“Then we will deal with it then.” I said looking into her eyes.

“Yeah. Okay. That’s what we’ll do.” She said nodding her head along.

“What time is it?” I said looking around for a clock.

“It’s already 11.” She said softly.

“Okay. Are we still up for decorating the house today?” I asked rubbing her cheek still.

“Is it okay if I cancel and reschedule? I just want to relax and forget about this.” She asked.

“That is perfectly fine Sweetheart.” I said softly.

“Thanks.” She said pulling away from me.

“Are you going to tell your parents about what happened?” I asked.

“Nope. I’m going to act like nothing happened.” She said throwing away the piece of paper in the trash.

“You sure Sweetheart?” I said with concern laced through my voice.