Pride... of course, not changing your ways because of Pride! It'll get us killed if we try to brute force it!

That was true, since they could feel a new type of exhaustion. Not the ever present exhaustion they felt in Sloth, the inability to do anything... but instead a normal type. As if one were exerting themselves on a long hike. Which is what they were doing.

What do we do? We have to get past...

It was then that Ochako noticed a structure in the distance. Different from the Stalactite castle in the center of the core, this one was a more traditional one. We put aside our pride and ask for directions.

After a moment, Izuku agreed, Yeah, that is the best way to get there. And it goes around the rules put in place. After you!

Nearly giggling at the last part, the two found themselves actually approaching the castle. It had tall spires made from black granite, with small specks of white and grey on close inspection, as well as the usual white stone striations. All the metal fixtures were made of black iron, lit up by magma and torches, although not reflecting said light particularly well. As they approached the portcullis, it rose, inch by inch, welcoming them inside. With no other options, they entered alone, but together.

The outer keep was basically all lava and magma, flowing out to the rest of the land in rivers... it was, frankly, a blessing that they had never encountered them yet. While they could try to fly... the Dutchy of Pride proved quickly why that was a bad idea. Following the singular bridge into the inner keep, they tried to ignore the heat by admiring the castle. It did look quite nice. A European style, far different than what they were used to. Finally entering the interior... it led through... to a large banquet hall, a throne on the other side. Armor stood upright, either through stands inside, or due to magic, is currently unknown. Large tapestries, somehow immune to the fire around the castle, depicted scenes of great feats by the lord of the castle, clearly indicated by how it aggrandized the figure they had seen before. Meanwhile, the beautifully ornate dark oak table was filled to the brim with delicious looking delicacies from around the globe. Japanese, Greek, Nepalese, Chinese, American, and many more cultures were represented here, and they did look good... but she wouldn't dare touch any of those. Instead, the two turned to see the figure on the throne. Around him, at his feet, sat two beautiful demonesses, minor ones, based on their small horns and no other 'demonic' features. Meanwhile, on the throne itself, which was made from gold and black marble, with perfectly stitched cushioning, sat the Duke of Pride.

His statue did him every justice... save the color palette. His "skin" was rocky, made from black igneous rock, the joints between each part glowing a magma orange. The outfit he wore was the pirate themed one, but with a color palette of black, with orange, gold and red accents. His beard was as indistinguishable from his face as it appeared on the statue, the mustache drooping down far over the beard, which had strands of rock move on their own. His eyes were like Selina's, in that they were draconic in design, but more orange than yellow... and they were both trained on them.

His voice was heavily accented English. "What brings ya to me, you two?"

Approaching the throne, passing the table without a glance, they bowed to him. Ochako spoke in their stead, "My apologies, Duke of Pride. We have been given a challenge by the King of the Veiled Lands, to complete a circuit around each territory... and return to him within seven days."

"Seven days..." He nodded, understanding, "And the price? What do ye gain?" 

Swallowing any pretense of Pride, she stated, "It's for us to be healed, sir."