Pride

The two souls walked, following the map towards the right of where they had passed through. There was no time to go back and consult Katrina... but the map seems to have some advice on it regardless. Walking through the rest of the Sloth region, its lush forests and dense lilac fog made the terrain difficult to navigate, but they could position themselves based on the central castle. It was a central landmark, and easy to find. However, as they continued... the trees began to become... more sparse. The fog started to thin, and their body's sluggish reactions gave way to a boost of energy... more in line with how she normally was.

We must be leaving the "Sloth" territory.

Yeah... let's see... Checking the map, Ochako raised an eyebrow. "Pride?"

Pride... according to the English dictionary, it's when one gets satisfaction from something they do... I'm assuming like Sloth, it's taken to the extreme. It was then that they both realized that the temperature of the area was steadily... increasing. The humidity in the air lowered, though, making the heat less... uncomfortable.

Finally getting out of the forest, they found themselves at a grassy plain, a savannah. Not sure how this represents Pride...

However, as they continued on their path, they found the ground became less lush, more stony... with red dust and black stone. Eventually, they found out why the ground was like this, as one wrong step launched them back with an explosion of fire.

So... is that a Christian representation of Hell, or what?

Well, according to Ibara, I don't think this is... I think this is the modern version of what people think is Hell...

Wait, that makes sense. Pride is all about appearances. Of course it looks like what people believe Hell to be.

As they continued to walk, they found pedestals, greco-roman ruins, broken down white marble, blackened soot caking the outside of them. In the center was a statue of an obvious demon. However, instead of looking similar to Selina, they had a beard which was hard to make out from his skin, as if he, himself was made from rock and stone (not just the statue made of such), with jagged points and such littering his skin, his beard nearly indistinguishable from his face. They appeared dressed similar to a sea captain of all things, with a large tricorn hat, two horns sticking through them, angry looking eyes. His expression was proud, looking down on all those who observed it, including them at the moment. Ochako marveled at the well made structure for a moment, taking in every ornate detail. Is that...?

The Duke of Pride... Yeah, I believe so.

We should keep moving. She meant it, walking away from it, and further on. Seven days to cover seven regions. And so they continued, against the heat, and, strangely enough, moving from one copse of eucalyptus trees, to the next. The shade didn't provide a reprise from the heat, but it gave the impression of moving onward. That they could conquer the next goal.

Is it just me... or is this getting too easy?

Too easy? The heat, the trees, are you really all here?

No, it's becoming repetitive, and... easier. But... why isn't the landscape really changing?

Stopping, the two souls looked around. They really hadn't moved, despite the distance they supposedly covered. The same copse of trees... they could even see the tree line for territory of Sloth, still the same distance as it had been for ages. Looking around, there were other souls, seemingly trying to move, going through the motions, yet unable to... and there was a more disturbing detail that was noticed soon after. The Eucalyptus trees... their roots spread far, entangled against those who failed in their journey. Shit... that could've been us...