𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈

The guards did not know what to do the moment the dragon landed in the courtyard of the palace, because unlike other times, he was extremely hostile and terribly wounded, matching the woman who was riding on him. The dragon roared with a threatening intensity, driving away any and all human beings who tried to approach them. No one wanted to risk their own lives by seeing that that creature would mercilessly kill the first man who approached more than a few steps.

The rain became even stronger with every moment that passed, but no one moved until the arrival of the queen because a soldier was assigned to inform her of what was happening outside the palace. If there was a person who could get close to Drogon without being devoured, it was Daenerys; he would not have the courage to spit fire in the direction of his own mother. At least the soldiers thought so. They needed the queen's help so that they could remove the female figure that had already been identified at that time. Everyone was worried about her state and the dragon as well.

"We can't get close to the dragon; he won't let him; we have to be careful; the only person who will be able to get close to him at this moment is the queen," one of the soldiers shouted, preventing his other colleagues from plunging into an almost certain death.

Drogon roared furiously towards the battalion of soldiers who were surrounding him. The dragon would not leave the defensive position until his mother arrived at the place. The two had gone through hell in Valyria, and he knew that the priestess' state was very serious; he could hear her heartbeats threatening to fail, and he felt the smell of death coming directly from the woman. The only person who would never hurt Athena would be his mother, and that is precisely why he would not allow anyone but her near them.

"Your Highness!" One of the soldiers screamed, relieved to see Daenerys running towards them in the middle of all that rain. She ran barefoot and with messy hair, showing that she was probably already asleep when they warned about Athena's arrival: "We couldn't get close to him to remove her; he's not letting anyone get close; the men are afraid of dying if they try anything."

Daenerys looked only in the direction of her dragon, not believing what she was seeing before her eyes. The queen was rubbing her own eyes hard with the intention that if this was a dream, she should wake up soon. Her first reaction to seeing the two beings standing there in the courtyard was one of relief and shock, because the two were alive and had returned home, contrary to all possible chances, but soon the joy died in the queen's eyes. Her eyes began to observe the state in which the two were, and her heart hurt a lot. The feeling of powerlessness was again gaining strength.

Drogon was more wounded than the conqueror's dragon when he returned from Valyria, but the priestess had been a little more lucky than Aera Targaryen, and they would be able to provide some kind of more effective help to the woman. When the queen realized Athena's conditions, she moved as fast as she could to help the woman, but she had not been fast enough to prevent the priestess from falling to the ground while trying to get off the dragon.

"I need medical help as soon as possible; call all available healers to the palace immediately; say that I will pay more gold than their carriage can carry if they answer my call," the queen shouted to the soldiers while doing a quick check of the state of the priestess.

Athena's body temperature was absurdly high; the fever was evident even if her face was pale and her lips were purple due to the lack of blood circulation. The queen's biggest concern was to remove her from the rain as soon as possible, because this was making the situation even worse, so she shouted at the soldiers to help her take Athena to the royal quarters where the healers would do their work, but someone was stopping them.

"It's okay; stay calm; you've already come home; you've already come home and brought her back; you don't have to be afraid; no one will hurt her. You can go rest, Drogon; from now on, I am in charge of the  situation." Daenerys said, caressing the nose of the dragon, which produced a less hostile sound before taking off and moving away from humans.