𝐗𝐈𝐕

One day passed and everyone decided to meet to discuss the issues related to the Stark House, and what was happening was one of the greatest shames in history. Confusion would be the correct word to define current events.

The council meeting room was looking like a real open-air circus, the counselors were fighting with each other, the queen was in a bad mood and Athena was reading a book as if she did not know the chaos that was unfolding in front of her and in reality she did not know, and was no longer making a point of knowing about the intrigues. Some would say that she was being immature and maybe it was the truth, but she didn't feel like making an effort knowing that she wouldn't be heard anytime soon.

"I believe that all of you should maintain order in the council room, you are acting like spoiled and irresponsible adults" Missandei scolded, gaining a look of thanks from the Queen who was about to explode with anger.

Athena watched Daenerys closely, noting that the queen had her jaw locked with anger and the veins in her arms were well defined by the force she made when grabbing the silver glass that was with wine. The priestess had a kind of playful spirit and sometimes Athena laughed at the most inappropriate moments, like that moment when they were all absolutely silent, afraid of the look of the queen who sparkled with hatred.

"Athena..." Grey Worm warned when he noticed that the priestess would explode in laughter, which was evident with the woman who held her lips using her teeth, while her mouth made the exact curvature of a smile.

The laughter filled the room, making everyone face Athena with a stunning, this was a laugh that was the trigger for Daenerys, who dropped the glass of wine marching towards the woman who could not hold the laugh. The counselors were wondering why Athena gave so little value to her own life, since she didn't care at all when laughing in one of the most tense moments, she acted with an absurd tranquility.

"What's up? Are you going to have my head ripped off by laughter? Or are you going to have me arrested for contempt of your authority? I know! It's going to take my position on the board! Ah... wait, you've already taken it out!" Athena spoke when she noticed the proximity of Daenerys, who resembled a snake analyzing her prey before biting.

"Can't you keep quiet for a moment and act like a responsible person? We are debating the issues to be discussed with the Starks today!" Daenerys spoke as she bent down to face Athena in the eyes.

"So far I have been one of the most responsible people in this council, we have been here since the morning and all I heard were your counselors yelling at each other. You are not debating, you are being ignored since the first day of the morning, far from me being the boring bitch in history but this is one of the biggest disrespects" she said making the queen's gaze soften "you are the queen, it is a huge humiliation your opinion to be the last to be heard in an important meeting, it is shameful how the queen's court behaves!"

"You talk like we're clowns!" Tyrion answered her, making Athena roll her eyes with the comment of someone who was not called in the conversation.

"And it doesn't look like it? You are the clowns and Daenerys is the owner of the circus, by the heavens, a lot of men arguing like a bunch of animals, screaming and screaming!" She hit his speech at the same speed "I'm not understanding much, I'm not understanding, I swear I'm not understanding what I'm seeing Your Grace"

"What are you seeing?"

"A bunch of people who swore to follow you only from the mouth out, you are the queen and no matter their opinion, no one has an obligation to love you, but they have an obligation to the oath they made to respect you!" Athena whispered in Daenerys' ear, giving the queen chills for the approach "if you continue to act like a sheep in the hope that everything will be resolved with flowers, the wolves will devour you"

"Athena..." the queen sighed, closing her eyes tightly.

"A dragon has a huge jaw and sharper teeth than a sword, if you are a dragon, why am I seeing a sheep?" She asked making the queen open her eyes instantly. Daenerys' violet eyes were shining dangerously, just as her pupil seems to have dilated a little as she watched Athena, she watched every detail of her.

"If you look a little longer, you can make a painting or give me a kiss" Athena said as she decided to test something "although the last option pleases me much more, Your Highness" she replied by giving a small discreet kiss right next to Daenerys' lips.

The queen's reaction was hilarious for the priestess, it was fun to see how she moved away at lightning speed and returned to her chair, being possible to see a slight blush on Daenerys' cheeks, who now looked anywhere but her. People didn't know what to say, because they knew they were stepping on eggs, considering the queen's temperament.

"We are going to talk to them, but we are not going to promise anything at all, I explicitly forbid any of you to speak on my behalf! I don't need a single soldier from the north, but dispensing with a possible alliance would not be wise, but things will happen according to my terms" the queen spoke firmly without leaving room for discussion, showing fatigue with the whole situation.

Athena thanked Hitad internally that these useless discussions were finally over and they could focus on what was important and needed to be done today. They were organizing some scrolls with topics to be discussed with the Starks and she could feel the queen's eyes fixed on her back, watching every move.

"How many people did he bring with him?" Athena asked when remembering one thing, remembering to ask the Grey Worm to redouble the security around the queen, after all it was better to sin for excess protection than to sin for lack of protection "we need to reinforce the queen's escort, all protection is welcome because so far they are traders, they are not allies or enemies"

"I will add a few more soldiers on the way, and I will ask the others to be aware of any suspicious movement"

〘 ——✯——〙

Hello!

What did you think of today's chapter?

Thank you for all support.