Chap 2

I walked through sunny streets on my way to my new high school. But as I approached my destination the air felt heavier, I know it doesn't make much sens but you have to believe me. I had a sence of danger.

It had happened to me before like the day I barely drowned at the lake I used to hang out previous summer. It was the most recent time I felt that way and something bad happened. I felt much more tensed then when I was walking out of my building but I carried on. As I was getting the first glimpse of the institution shivers went down my spine. Anxiety had kicked in.

First there was this scary feeling that something will go wrong and NOW ANXIETY?! As I was approaching the steps that led to the entrance of the school I saw a boy about my age running away in an opposite direction. I wanted to stop him and show him that the entry was just there but didn't dare to, he looked like he knew what he was doing. I then turned and carried on my journey.

As I was entering the school a man stopped me and welcomed me:

'welcome to the Goode high school!' he greeted me. I just blurred out a quick 'thank you' and run off.

I was walking to the room where the orientation was going to take place. As I wondered in the halls I runned into the same guy that was running off the front of the school. Guess that he found his way in. But when I looked around my heart dropped. I had the most disgustingly horrifying view. The boy was talking to two uglie monsters that looked like vampires. I let out a little scream that made the boy look at me, and the two monster stare at me like I was a potential prey. I went all red, how embarrassing this was, first day and I already put myself in an humiliating situation. My wide eyes looked at the guy but he didn't seemed surprised. He even looked like he understood something, he shifted from the two monsters and started to walk up to me. I couldn't face him in this moment so I made the best decision I ever made I run off. I know very brave of me.

Anyway what did he wanted from me, make fun of the little sound I let of when I saw the monsters? Maybe, but I didn't want to know. By running I was one of the first person to arrive in the room.

There was about a hundred of chairs facing like a stage where I guessed were going to speak the director or someone like that. I took a seat and waited the space to fill up with people. Few minutes passed by and a red headed girl sat next to me. She made eye contact and introduced herself:

'hi, my name's Rachel.' she said with a smile.

'my name Elizabella, nice to meet you Rachel' I told her returning the smile.

We carried on talking about random things until a new person sat next to her. I lifted up my head to see who it was only to regret a few seconds later. It was the guy. The one that I runned in. He looked at me then at Rachel:

'Rachel Elizabeth Dare' he said.

Great they knew each other, that won't be as awkward as I thought:

'and you' he continued. A scared look made up my face. 'you're the girl from the hall'.

I just shook my head in agreement and lowered my eyes in shame:

'what did you saw?' he asked really intrigued as if his life depends on it.

'eh...' I muttered, it was hard to explain I didn't knew what to say but Rachel did not left me time to say anything as she gulped:

'that'

We both turned our head just to see those two creatures on the stage:

'we have to go, now' I whispered.

I catched Rachel's hand and stood up. She didn't protest as if she also wanted to get out of here as quickly as possible. The guy made the good decision to follow our example and we wondered out in the corridors.

*this chapter is a bit longer hope you like it, trying not to rush the story! *