19.

I stood at the end of the corridor looking at him treating patients. He was busy with interns and pgs moving around him listening to his diagnosis and treatment plans. I am sure he is lost himself explaining about cases. Taking a deep breath, I walked towards his department. Today, I am finally done with my practical exams. Dr Amogh studied with me, made me check his brother Yug as dummy patient. Yug was more than happy to spend time with me. As I entered his department, Dr Amogh turned around explaining case history to interns who were busy ogling at him. He nodded his head in acknowledgement. I moved around the group walking towards the pgs who like me visited their department to clear things out. Jai winked at me talking with one of our friends. He's the one who called me to meet him which I know is a trap to make me parade infront of Dr Amogh.

Or maybe I wanted to see him one more time today?

"Look who's here! Lotus of our eyes!." One of the pgs from his department whistled as I stood beside Jai who casually placed his hands around my shoulder.

"I better leave then." I replied playfully. From corner of my eyes, I saw him looking at him while trying to concentrate on the cases. Wards are always full of patients and their unending loud conversations but here, Dr Amogh has strict rule of remaining silent. Something which our brain utilizes to calm down and produce good vibrations for better healing. Not my words!

"What's your plan now?." One of my friends asked.

"I will take a break." I replied. By this time, Dr Amogh dismissed interns and assigned cases to pgs. He was leaving the ward to probably take class for undergrad students. I looked at Jai asking him for help. He rolled his eyes but released my shoulders.

"Anagha, Kasturb asked you to meet him at lecture gallery 2, I completely forgot. Call him and go now. He might get angry again." Jai cooked up a story. I smiled widely hopping on my feet to escape them.

"Wait! I spoke with him 5min ago. He's heading towards us. Just chill. We can leave together." Just then one of our other friends joined. Now Jai had no excuse nor I can escape from them. After lunch,  I planned to leave for my house.  Although Dr Amogh's mom insisted me to stay at their place for a little while. I couldn't agree to it. No matter what I feel, I am here at their house as per request made by my parents initially. I can't burden them more with my presence when the one who helped me hasn't said a word or asked me to stay.

Just then my phone pinged and I looked at it to find him messaging me. Moving aside, I excused myself stating it's my mom.

'Are you free now?' He messaged me. I simple replied with an yes.

'You remember your physiotherapy room?.' He asked. I replied with another yes.

'I am at parking lot. Meet me there. Near my car. It's open, get into it.' He messaged me. I frowned looking at it.  Is he bipolar? I was prepared to meet him at physiotherapy room but now I need solid excuse to escape them. Kasturb joined us shortly, I stood with my friends discussing cases, our horrible papers and practicals. It's been 10 minutes and I could not leave for Dr Amogh.

"Oh shit!." Kasturb expressed making me frown.

"Anagha! Your mom called me half an hour ago. I told her I will drop you home. They couldn't contact you I guess." He spoke . Did they really?

"I called her. Her phone was busy." I said. I don't know what story he's cooking up after I msgd my situation in our trio group.

" I think uncle is going to kill me! They were planning to leave somewhere and wanted you at home as some workers will come to fix plumbing issue. She requested if I can drop you personally as you will be tired after winding up cases." He spoke as if my dad will ever contact him.  I made shocked expression, excused myself stating I need to reach home and ran from there. I am sure every one of them had puzzled look on their face. They knew something is fishy as both my friends made stupid excuses. Half running on the way through the corridors, I reached his car and got into it silently. Dr Amogh was waiting for me calmly,  not saying a word he drove us out of the campus. Thank God! No student is out as classes before their exams are mandatory to attend to keep up their attendance.

"How was your day?." He asked driving car at very low speed.

"Not bad. Yours?." I questioned. He nodded his head as same. We fell into silence. It was around 11 am when we reached marine drive. Not so strong sun hit us as cool breeze moved my hair away. We never went out in broad daylight.

"Don't you have classes sir?." I asked him.

"I took leave for you. " He replied looking ahead. I blushed at his statement, the ever busy, duty driven and most calculative person regarding time has decided to take a break from it? Am I really worthy of his time?

"You are quite today." He spoke to which I just shrugged my shoulders. He hummed and looked ahead. White shining water hit the shore and the rhythmic sound of waves captured our minds. We were silent for a long time until some ice cream guy interrupted us. Dr Amogh purchased two of my favorite flavors, handing me one he went back to exchange it with vanilla flavor.

"Blueberry?." He asked as if he's not the one who just bought it. I side eyed him not answering his question. He gulped his, while I leisurely licked my ice cream. He still did not talk, we had 2 bhelpuris, long moments of silence,  had same flavors of ice cream, vada pav and 2 bottles of water. Yet conversation between us was nothing. I turned towards him licking my 4th ice cream. Am sure going to get cold by night. He half turned his body smiling at my face. Golden hour highlighted his features making him look extra handsome. In that moment, I realized we spent 5hrs not having a conversation with each other but comfortable to spend time without a fight.

Did we ever spend such carefree time together?

"You got ice cream all over your upper lip. " He pointed out. In a daze, I just nodded my head. People started flocking the area, youngster hanged around to do not so great things which embarrassed me.

"Look at that girl. Her lips look so hot with ice cream on it. "

"Wish I can taste it off her lips. "

"Don't you think that uncle will allow us?".

I rolled my eyes at them. We don't find crowd like them regularly, I am just lucky soul to encounter them. Suddenly I am pulled away from my ice cream. Before I could register what is happening, I felt warm pair of lips over mine. Dr Amogh ate the ice cream from my face, he bit my upper lip slightly earning an involuntary hiss from me. Moving away he looked into my eyes.

"That's how you clean it. " He spoke looking back bunch of kids, he untucked his shirt, opened few buttons of it, loosened up his collar a bit.

"Uncle my foot. " He shouted loud enough for them to scatter away.

I suddenly felt butterflies in my tummy have become pregnant. He held my hand, pulled me close to him and slung his hand over my shoulder carelessly which made his fingertips touch my front.

"Are you okay?." He asked with concern realizing his spurt of actions will have effect on it.

Ok? What do you call this? I am angry at him, frustrated with my feelings. Confused how my body feels calm as if this normal.

What do you call this feeling?

***************
Please vote comment and share my story!