Wedding Dresses & Dread

sorry it took so long for me to write this lol inspirations a bitch

~

Where was Grian, currently, you may ask? Why, he's contemplating quite a few very illegal things, while being fitted for a dress.

You heard me right, a dress.

Ancient wedding traditions of Lemont dictate, in order to prevent gay marriage, require one royal to wear a dress throughout the wedding. Since Grian is the foreigner, the duty falls to him. This, my friend, is how he ended up trying not to stab the person tailoring the dress, because they kept adjusting his wings rather forcefully. Why didn't this idiotic elf realize that you can't touch an avian's wings unless family or extremely close friends??

Anyway, as the ridiculously poofy dress was modified for Grian's thin & small stature, Pearl was watching and snickering everytime she saw his very displeased face.

" Stop laughing. It's not funny."

" I beg to differ. Never thought I'd see you, Mr. Comfort clothes, in a corset & poofy skirt!"

Grian gave her a death stare as the tailor ran around him, adjusting lace flowers & leaves. He never thought he'd be in this position either, but he should've. One thing Grian has learned is that fate loved to randomly drop him in Lemont to add some trauma to his impressive resume.

It took another 30 minutes of the tailor running around and editing the dress slowly before Grian was released, back into his sweater and pants. He & Pearl promptly disappeared to lunch, finding a nice spot in the gardens.

Elsewhere, but not really, Mumbo Jumbo begins his experiment.

..

~

Was this a very bad idea?

Yes.

Had Mumbo been bribed to do it?

Yes, with gold cogs.

...

God, Mumbo regretted his decisions thoroughly. Currently, he was holding a white rabbit, hidden in a bush with five other hermits. After the spying-in-Grian's-room thing didn't go... No, that's not drastic enough. After the spying thing was an utter failure, the five had been scheming to do something. Said something came in the form of a docile rabbit.

Mumbo was going to get himself fired, wasn't he?

Cleo put a hand on his shoulder, and he directed his attention at the zombie. She gave a nod.

Go time.

Mumbo released the rabbit, who bolted out from the bush and into the clearing where Grian & Princess Pearl sat, eating. He waited in the bush, frozen, holding his breath for the result.

An ear-piercing scream echoed through the woods. Mumbo moved some leaves infront of his face to view Grian, having backed himself into a tree, his eyes closed & knees to his chest. His vibrant parrot wings wrapped around him tightly, hugging his curled-up body. The harmless rabbit was sniffing at his feet, & Pearl watched for a second, stunned like everyone at the reaction, before jumping into action and grabbing the rabbit.

Her moth-like wings flared as she landed, pulling the panicking rabbit backwards. It screeched as she ripped it's head off with cruel precision. Don't cross Pearl. Right.

The princess discarded the bloody corpse of the rabbit, crawling over to Grian and rubbing his back soothingly.

" Griba, it's ok, he's dead. He's not here."

Dead? Who?

Grian whimpered in response, letting his wings relax enough to show his now tear-stained face. Oh, Mumbo was so fired. Pearl turned her deep hazel eyes to him, staring into the terrified blue.

" Don't you even dare say some shit like ' Maybe he was replaced with a clone!!', We watched his execution. He is dead, & gone, and buried."

Grian took a deep breath and nodded, feeling quite abit better. He folded his wings in again, changing positions to have his legs splayed out.

" Now, let's go back to eating, ok? Maybe inside so pesky rabbits won't disturb us, you pesky bird."

Grian smiled and nodded, the two royals packed up & entered the castle once more.

..

The little hermit's group, dubbed the Airpods, ( it was... quite the discussion that lead to this. I can't say more for fear of police reading this) exited their hiding places to reconvene in the clearing. Mumbo was on the verge of a panic attack with all his hopeless overthinking, which Cleo helped save him from.

Now, discussion time.

".... That was..."

" Quite revealing?" Etho lends. They're all sitting in a circle, sharing glances.

" What did Pearl mean by, 'He's dead'. Who is 'He'? How is he related to the rabbit?" X asked, prompting everyone to pause and consider.

".. Better yet, what did 'he' do to Grian?" Mumbo finally asks after a long silence. Everyone exchanged glances before Etho finally spoke.

" .. it had to have been really bad if no one knows... maybe...?"

Mumbo shuddered at the thought. He knew what Etho was suggesting, maybe this 'he' person ( probably a rabbit hybrid) raped sweet Grian. Mumbo felt the compelling urge to commit a vicious murder. Perhaps he'd grown more attached then he'd thought to the quiet avian?

It was decided that they'd had enough of the conversation, everyone a tad sick at the conclusion they'd silently landed on.

As Mumbo walked back, he wondered, truly, why Grian hadn't disclosed this information earlier. They could've helped him, for god's sake! Should Mumbo tell Scar? Would that be unwise?

..

It was 2 weeks till the wedding. Mumbo decided Scar should know. The elf should already be in his rooms, so Mumbo will pop in, tell Scar Grian's afraid of rabbits, and ditch.

~

Scar was sketching when someone knocked on his door. He hollered a 'come in!', and Mumbo entered, looking nervous. Scar spun in his chair, looking up at Mumbo.

" Why hello, Mumbo, what seems to be the issue?"

The mustached man froze like a deer in the headlights before taking a breath, knowing Scar's kind green eyes where staring at him.

" Sir,-"

" Mumbo. Stop with the fancy lingo."

Mumbo smirked and continued.

" Your royal highness of Lemont -Scar groaned-, I figured I shall inform you there has been an important revelation about your Husband-to-be, His royal highness of Aires. It appears that he is extremely afraid of rabbits."

"What? Rabbits?"

Mumbo nodded, and Scar waved his hand to excuse the man, lost in thought.

Why was the silly avian afraid of rabbits? And why did that make Scar so mad? Like he'd strangle the next rabbit to scare Grian?

..

It was fineee.

Yes, fine.

~

Sorry this guy took so damn long

We're ramping up to the dramatic plot point!!

Cackles

You thought this would end after the wedding? Who am I, Disney? Nah, we have the most wild plot ever to ride out.

You've been warned.