42. skinny little bitch

Start from the beginning

Purple magic attempted to push the angel away from Dorian. Lilith could barely move him a step back; the angel's build was heavier than she had estimated, like a mountain of power. She should prepare the sigil the queen had carved on her stomach. She looked at Dorian, who was immobilized by the sword's edge and the angel's power. He looked like a lost little child on the street, waiting for his mom to find him. Damn... she had put him in that situation.

"Speaking as your queen, I see the similarities. Another Lilith telling angels what to do, asking them to rebel against God," she couldn't help but notice that Uriel spoke with personality and not like the angel Haniel, who seemed like a robot. In his tone, there was amusement in making her suffer condescendingly, inciting her to break her control. "Tell me, what do you and the hell bitch talk about in your little meetings?"

For a moment, she thought about denying what he said because Dorian was there, and she still feared his reaction; saying it like this was the worst-case scenario.

"We talk about how we're going to kill all of you," she confessed, finally unburdening herself. Mind control didn't work on the man the angel possessed; his presence was more powerful than that of a witch. How would she trap him? It was going to be impossible. She looked at Dorian, didn't say anything; there was nothing new about him. That made her feel better.

"You're on the demons' side, aren't you, Lilith?"

The accusation echoed in her head so loudly that it created a knot in her throat, the pressure to give a clear and concise statement, without nuances or fine print. Someday she would have to make the decision out loud. Months of interacting with the first woman, the first demon, and the goddess of queens. Her actions raised a demon flag, and yet her lips trembled, preventing her from accepting it. Her part that emerged without the drug was peeking out, giving one last look at Dorian, the person who was loving her and she loved, she could feel it in her heart and in the tears she was going to shed for him. Dean blamed her and would never forgive what she did. She could no longer call Sam her best friend. Bobby was disappointed in her, and his look hurt. Mandy and Galilea hated her. But... did she love Dorian because she was alone? It didn't matter, what she felt was real or would be someday.

!

"Yes, I'm with them," her voice trembled, and the power wasn't as strong as she would have liked. It was that of a young girl, and she didn't want to be a young girl anymore; she was a woman now, and she had to make decisions to get what she wanted, to remember the ambition she had when she entered college to fulfill her goal. The demons had come to grant her wishes; they had opened their doors for an exchange, one that the angels could have done instead of killing her mother. She wouldn't have gotten involved if they had left her alive. How could they have done that? How had God come up with that idea? And an angel had done it as if it were nothing, so heartless. She saw beyond the suit, beyond the body he used, poor man, he didn't know what he had gotten himself into. How would she catch him? She wasn't going to kill him so quickly.

"Good girl," he smiled. "I can't wait to see you destroyed."

Lilith began to laugh in the same way the queen had laughed at the angels.

"I'm going to burn you alive."

She started bleeding; the sigil to expel the angel had been activated. The outcome of her thoughts had determined her inability to defeat the angel. Fire wouldn't do anything. She didn't have the resources to kill him. But she had seen the opportunity to obtain a powerful weapon: the angel sword. It wasn't her chance, and she had written Uriel's end in a church, burned alive, just as he had done with her mother. Lilith Arduenn had found the plan to take the angel sword. Dorian was nearby, and behind Uriel was a large, heavy piece of furniture.