21. all hell breaks loose

◖𓈈﹗ ﹙ chapter twenty-one ﹚
❛ ▬▬ all hell breaks loose . . . ❜

The young witch lit a cigarette at the midnight of a new month

The young witch lit a cigarette at the midnight of a new month. She hated time so much, being patient for months, giving everything not to collapse. She had changed many aspects of her life for witchcraft, giving her all even though she still didn't have her mother. She had made significant progress in the history of witchcraft with magic extraction and got stuck on a stupid spell. Pandora snatched the project from her and had her best witches creating spells. She found it convenient to mention that only five were capable.

Her cellphone vibrated on the nightstand. It was Sam.

"Hello," she replied monotonously, her low mood evident. "Did something happen? Why are you calling at this hour?"

"No, I'm on guard duty. Dean and I are on a case," he informed casually. "I was bored and wanted to know what you were up to." Lilith heard him in good spirits, which cheered her up, along with the idea of having a late-night call like when they were little.

"I'm currently doing nothing, but I'm not sleepy. Do you want to talk, or is there something you're hiding and not telling me?"

"The only thing I'm hiding is Dean's Celine Dion playlist," there was a pause. "Well, actually, I did call for a reason. Now that you have powers too, how do you control them? I'm starting to have more frequent headaches."

"We don't have the same situation. I unlock my own powers, so to speak. Yours came out of nowhere, which should only tell you how untamable it seems. But for me, accepting my powers worked. Surrendering to them made it easy to manage, to focus on what I want to do, and ensure it's not harmful to anyone. I don't let emotions take over. Imagine accidentally burning someone on the street out of anger. Have you accepted your visions?"

"No," he murmured with a sigh. "I guess I'm still scared. I'm not a monster, right? That blood experiment showed that I'm not. Lilith, if you haven't said anything more because Dean is present, I understand and appreciate it. But if you have something to tell me, something only for me, please, I want you to share it."

"Sam," Lilith didn't want to tell him what she knew. She felt terrible for not doing so, yet she was certain it was the best way to prevent something much worse. If she told him, she would also have to tell Dean, or she would never speak to him again. "The important thing is that you're not a monster. You'll never harm humans out of necessity or nature. It's all up to you, and that's the best part. If that's your concern..."

"Lilith," he interrupted, exasperated. "I was immune to a demonic virus. Do you know anything about my blood?"

"I didn't want to alarm anyone, that's why I didn't say anything. It's just a theory," she was about to tell him the truth. "There was another classification, that of demons. When the solution is applied, the blood turns black. Yours darkened, but it doesn't mean you're a demon. You can probably guess where your powers come from. I'm sorry."