Leah: I know, babe, but we have to go to my parents'.

Y/n: Do we really have to?

Leah: Babe, please...

Y/n: Okay, fine. I'll be there.

You sigh and sit on the edge of the bed. Leah comes behind you and kiss you on the cheek.

Leah: Thanks, babe. I really appreciate.

Once again, she kisses you on the cheek and you both get up. You go get prepared, then take care of the twins, Leah is with Jack and you're taking care of Lucas. They look like this:

Once, Lucas is ready, you put him in his playground downstairs to go prepared the breakfast. Leah is playing with Lucas and Jack. A few minutes later, you put the plates on the table.

Y/n: Babe, breakfast.

Leah: Pancakes? Y/n Maria Jane Beckham Williamson, what are you up to?

Y/n: Nothing... Just preparing a lovely breakfast for my wife.

Leah: Okay, I get it.

Y/n: What?

Leah: You don't want to my parents', right?

You don't say anything. Leah understands straight away that it's a "yes".

Leah: I know there's tensions between you and my mom, but it's family. Babe, please, make an effort for me.

Y/n: Let's go then.

Hours later, you get to Leah's parents' house, holding Jack when Leah is holding Lucas. Jacob opens the front door and helps you with the twins' stuff. You get in. During the whole lunch, you try to avoid Amanda, spending the whole time with Leah's cousins. You sat next to Leah, with Jack sat on your knees, Lucas is with Jacob.

Leah: Babe?

Y/n: Yes?

Leah: Can you go grab me spoon in the kitchen?

Y/n: Grab the little monster then.

You pass Jack to Leah. You head to the kitchen, when you land on Amanda cleaning the dishes.

Y/n: Sorry, do you know where I can find a spoon?

Amanda: The drawer, just there.

Y/n: Thanks.

You're take a spoon and you're about to leave the room when Amanda holds you on...

Amanda: Y/n?

Y/n: Yeah?

Amanda: I want to apologize, once again.

Y/n: Amanda, stop, you're not sorry. All you said was what you truly think and feel... I'm not the wife that you'd wished for Leah...

Amanda: But you're the one that Leah loves... You're the mother of my grandchildren... As long as Leah is happy, I'm happy. That's all that matters to me.

Y/n: Okay.

Amanda: Will you forgive me?

Y/n: No need to. I won't forgive you for saying what you think, but I can forgive you for how you said it... Leah is waiting for her spoon.

Amanda: Go, beautiful.

Y/n: Amanda?

Amanda: Yes?

Y/n: Thank you, really appreciate your apologizes... I better go.

You gives her a little smile and head back to Leah. You know that it was Leah's idea the whole time, trying to reconcile you with her mom. Leah gets her spoon and, at the same time, a kiss. She grabs a scone and let Jack tastes a bit of it. He's loving it.

Y/n: Nice try...

Leah: Did it work?

Y/n: We can say that it eased the tensions.

Leah: So it worked a bit.

Y/n: Cheeky girl...

Leah: No seriously, babe.

Y/n: Let's say that it's better between us now.

Leah: Okay... We apparently have a little hungry man here.

Jack smiles as the cheeky boy he is. You smile and laugh with Leah, seeing your son being so cute. Suddenly, your phone rings. You're a bit surprised.

Leah: Who is it?

Y/n: It's Cruz, I don't know why he's calling me.

Leah: Pick it up and you'll find out.

You smirk at Leah and pick up the phone.

Y/n: Hey, brother.

Cruz: Hey, are you in town?

Y/n: I'm at Leah's parents' house. Why?

Cruz: Mom and dad are back, and they asked for a family reunion.

Y/n: A family reunion? What's up?

Cruz: No idea, but they insist for it.

Y/n: When is it?

Cruz: Can you be at the parents' tonight?

Y/n: Sure.

Cruz: Great, see you tonight, sis.

Y/n: See you, brother.

You have a weird feeling deep down that something is going on. Leah can see on your face that something is wrong.

Leah: Is everything okay?

Y/n: I don't know, family reunion at the Beckham's tonight.

You go through the rest of the day. Hours later, it's time for you to go at your parents'. Leah didn't come with you, she stays at home to take care of the twins. You get there and get inside your parents' house.

Y/n: Hello everyone...

Victoria: Hey, honey.

David: You okay, sweetheart?

You go hug your parents and go hug Cruz already sat on one of the kitchen stool.

Y/n: Where's Romeo?

Cruz: Probably upstairs.

David: Brooklyn should be here soon.

Minutes later, the 6 of you are all here, in the house. You're sat around the living room table, the children on a side and the parents on the other. You look at your brothers and no one knows what it's all about.

Romeo: So what's going on?

David: We need to talk to you.

Y/n: Okay, about what?

Victoria: If we ask you four to be here tonight, it's because we learned something important.

Brooklyn: Mom, what's going on?

Cruz: You're freaking us out.

Victoria: I'm... I'm suffering from a breast cancer.