88.

Neriah, Derek, and Scott sprinted down the stairs after looking over the edge of the roof to see an ambulance crash down in the parking lot. None of them said a word as they sprinted past rushing people.

But when they did make it out into the parking lot, Neriah screamed one word, "Isaac!" at the top of her lungs, running toward the boy who had been electrocuted from stepping into water that had a wire in it.

Derek and Scott quickly grabbed her, the both of them having to use all their strength just to hold her back and stop her from running into the water to try and save him.

"Let me go!" she shouted, thrashing harder against their hold as she stared at an unmoving Isaac.

The girl was fighting too much to even notice Kira standing in the middle of the electrical water, grabbing the wire without getting electrocuted.

"If you go in that water, you'll be knocked out just like him!" Derek shouted, grabbing her arms to stop her from throwing back another elbow. "You can't help him!"

"Look!" Scott yelled at her, grabbing her chin and forcing her to watch Kira. "Just wait, okay?"

For once, Neriah listened and stopped fighting, but the two werewolves didn't let go of her as the three of them watched Kira put a hand over the end of the wire, causing lights from the hospital to flicker and her eyes to glow a darker orange than a hybrid.

The second Kira dropped the wire, Derek and Scott let go of Neriah, following her as she ran over to Isaac while shaking.

"Isaac!" she yelled, dropping down beside him in the water. She grabbed his face, but her heart split when she realized he wasn't breathing. "He's not breathing!" she shouted, rolling him onto his back. "Derek, he's not breathing!" she screamed, her red eyes flashing as tears streamed down her face like the blood streaming out of his ears. A shattering scream left her body when she saw the other side of his neck covered in burns.

"I got him!" Derek shouted, picking up Isaac. "Get up, Riah!"

She shot straight to her feet, rushing after him as he rushed into the hospital. Straight away nurses ran over, helping Derek lay Isaac on a bed while yelling around words she didn't understand. Nothing was making sense to her as she watched Isaac still not breathing.

Derek kept a hold on her upper arm as they followed behind the nurses pushing Isaac on the bed through the chaos of a hospital.

"The burns, Derek," she cried, losing all control of her emotions. "What if they don't heal? What if he doesn't heal?"

"It's Isaac. He's going to get through this," Derek tried to say as confidently as he could.

A few doctors rushed over, pushing Isaac into a burn victim room and Neriah went to follow, only to get stopped by a nurse.

"Sorry Miss, but you can't go in," the lady said with a worrying smile.

"Like hell I can't," Neriah snapped, making to move around her and push through the door, but Derek tightened his grip on her arm. She whirled around on him like a fire in a tornado. "Get your hand off me, Derek."

"Are you family?" the lady asked, taking a step back when Neriah faced back to her. "Only family is allowed in."

"His parents are dead," Neriah snapped. "I'm his girlfriend and the family he's got. Just let me in."

The lady shook her head. "I'm sorry Miss, but I can't allow that unless you're his family."

"I will tear apart this—"

"Neriah," Derek warned, yanking her back down the hallway. "You just have to wait."

"I can't wait!" she snapped, shoving at his chest to push him back as more tears full of anger rushed down her face. "The last thing he said was that he can't wait for me anymore! I waited too long and now it might be too late!" she rambled, her head a raging storm of mixed emotions. "Derek, I can't wait! I can't! I can't! I can't!" she shouted, hitting his chest as he took each punch, allowing her to use him to release her anger and worry. "I can't lose someone else!"