Broken Engagement

But as soon as Diksha picked up the call, all they could hear was Anushka's sobs. 

"Mom, mai kya krun? Pta chalte he usne engagement todh di. (Mom, what do I do? He broke the engagement as soon as he got to know.)" Anushka said as she broke into more cries. 

"What? Any reasons explained?" Diksha asked because she knew Anushka had always liked Varun. He couldn't break the relationship without any reason.

[Prince of Courage Planet kept his name Vivaan, so the true son of Rajputs' name changed to Varun. Fairy of Memories changed everyone's memories. Varun is the name of the actual son of Rajputs.]

However, the twins looked at each other, exchanging expressions. 'Which engagement?' this was the only thought in their mind then. 

"No. He said he would tell when everyone comes back." Anushka cried more as Diksha signalled the twins to go. 

After a few minutes, the helpers packed the necessary items for the family to return to Jodhpur. The birthday celebration was kept on hold - everyone nearly forgot about it.

======

"I would like to call off my engagement with the eldest princess of Jodhpur and would like to instead ask for the youngest princess' hand in marriage," Varun announced as everyone but Vaishnavi was there. She entered the room after he completed it. Everyone looked at her, and she was perplexed about what was happening. 

Ria took her inside with her and explained the whole situation. Before she could react, Anushka came inside the room and screamed at her, "It's all your fault. It's always your fault." And left the place.

Vaishnavi was sent to her room after an hour after about all the unnecessary stuff. During this time, out of jealousy and anger, Anushka installed a listening and video recording device in Vaishnavi's room. She had her doubts about her sister, which were false but still there.

When Vaishnavi reached her room, some strange lady sat on her bed. Astonished, she walked towards the woman whose face was not visible clearly. 

========

Anushka sat on her room's balcony couch as tears of hate, jealousy, and hurt dropped from her eyes. She stared at her iPad's screen as she clenched it tighter. 'This piece of shit. What's even her origin?' She thought as she remembered Varun's words.

'I like Vaishnavi.' 'I would like to break this engagement.' 

She laughed as she replayed the audio video. 

-what the video played-

"Dear, poor of you! How would it feel to stay away from your parents? Tch, poor kid!" The woman said as she stood, and her appearance came into view properly.

"What you talking about? Who are you?" Vaishnavi asked as she took out her phone from her pocket. 

"Dear, I am telling the truth. You don't belong here. You are not their real child; neither of the children in this house is your siblings." The woman mentioned as she continued, "Come with auntie. I'll take you to your real parents." She said as she spread her arms. Her words were soft-spoken, unlike her intentions. "These bitch people are no good for you."

"What do you mean? Don't try to manipulate me! Get out!" Vaishnavi yelled as she had enough of the drama that day. "I said. Get. Out."

"See, my nice niece. You have had enough of this drama, haven't you? So, let's wrap it up and you should come with me to the Dark Realm." Tamasia said as she lifted her hand but before she could do anything or spell. Vaishnavi slapped her. 

"It's enough. Now get out before I have to kick your ass out of here." Vaishnavi said as she signalled her to go out. But instead of going out of the room through the door, a small tornado of black feathers formed around the woman before she vanished.

But before she vanished, a voice called, "I know you like Tushar." 

-end of the video

Anushka wiped her tears as she smashed the tablet across her chamber. Anushka didn't consider whether the information was manipulated or if Vaishnavi was familiar with it. Envy and rage had consumed her. The fact of her broken engagement destroyed her sense of thinking. 

Just a moment before tossing her phone, a notification grabbed her attention. She paused to take a proper look at the brightly shining screen. There was this beautiful invitation displayed on the screen. 

For once, Anushka thought to refuse it, but something clicked in her mind. A plan formed in her mind as she smiled, unconcerned about the potential damage to someone's reputation or image. She wouldn't deny it but do something to get her revenge on Vaishnavi. 

She was envious of her younger sister for many years, but she ultimately stopped assuming she was her sister now. What was the use of holding back then? Is it possible for her to take revenge?

========

"Heya! Rohan. Did you get any invitations to some party?" Vaishnavi asked as she walked into Rohan's room unannounced. Her focus was on the invitation on her phone as she entered. 

"Hey! I'm changing." Rohan said as he tried to put on his shirt faster. 

Vaishnavi looked up as he said that in a high tone. "What is there to see anyway?" She asked as she walked further into the chamber to sit on the couch present there.

"Wear your clothes quickly!" Vaishnavi said as she squinted her eyes at the screen to read any blurry detail.

"What party were you talking about?" Rohan said as he finished his formal look. "Hey, look at that!" Vaishnavi said as she ruffled Rohan's slightly wet hair. 

"Oi! Don't do that," Rohan said as he stopped her hand and started to tickle her. She tried to stop him, but her laugh didn't let her. "Haha! Hahahaha!" 

"Okay, okay! Stop. Hahah! Stop!" Vaishnavi huffed for air. Her entire face was in a tint of red as she lay here.

"See the invitation yourself," Vaishnavi said as she passed her phone to Rohan.

"It says there are two invitations for each family. I guess you have to ask someone else." He said as he got up to make his hair. 

"But do we have to go? Taken what happened this morning." But then, Anushka messaged her.